Nanocaches

I found some nano containers at the local chain grocery store. They were right by the pharmacy and i think were marketed as pill containers or something. They were probably an inch tall and not much bigger around than a bic pen, made of metal. They even had a place on the top with a hole so you could hang them from something or put them on a key ring. They unscrewed from the bottom too, which would probably help them stay waterproof. I think they would make perfect nanocache containers.

I particularly like this description of the Mr. Magneto:

Product Description:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make your cache site as difficult as possible with Mr. Magneto. This container measures in at 7/16" x 5/16". With Mr. Magneto's magnetic base, this pico cache container can be hidden just about anywhere!

Dimensions: Height: 0.0 inches

Width: 0.0 inches

Depth: 0.0 inches

Yes, that's right - the 0x0x0 inch cache container - make sure NO ONE finds your cache - not EVER!

They’re in drugstores around here, but they're pricy.  They're sold for carrying nitroglycerin tablets.

The Mr. Magneto caches are even smaller than nitro tubes (the log is typically the output of a paper shredder - about 1/8" wide strip of paper). They also have a super-strong rare earth magnet built in, hence the name, which make them easy to stick right to metal objects.

There are several hidden in my area and give a nice alternative to hide-a-key containers.

1) Go to www.ebay.com and type in "Cedar Chest".

2) Camo-paint the chest.

3) Plenty of room for very nice FTF prizes.

4) Get a friend with a pick-up truck and take the chest out into the woods.

Oh, wait, did you say "nano" cache? I thought you wanted a "Nana" cache. My Nana had a very nice cedar chest. Told me it was her dowry. It was full of linens and lace. Gee I miss my Nana.

Well, this will still work...

5) Describe the cache as being a "nano" cache anyway

6) Name your cash "Nana Nano" or "Nanu Nanu" or something like that

7) Count how many people email you and ask you "Is it under the cedar chest?"

IMS Surplus nitro pill containers, well down the page $1 each. I think it's a flat shipping fee, around $6(?). so it makes sense to order a lot. I drop them (with printed logs) into caches as goodies more than placing them myself. (Though come to think of it, I placed one today).

I use those usually as waypoints holders for a multi. Another nice use for them is keep one on your keychain, and fill it with powdered habanero chile pepper. That way you can always spice up your food no matter where you are. But then, that's just me.

ChileHead Posted: Apr 30 2005, 04:38 AM

Another nice use for them is keep one on your keychain, and fill it with powdered habanero chile pepper. That way you can always spice up your food no matter where you are.

Driving straight down Geocaching Lane and turning left at Habanero Chili Powder Expressway...

I use "Habanero Cajun Seasoning From Hell" on everything. The one with the Devil on the label. Nothing says goooooooodddd chili powder like a picture of Lord of Chili Powders.

But then, that's just me. 

You'll no longer be alone in that category. Just wait until the cops pull me over and want to know what's in that pill container on my keychain.

Mississippi:

"Let me see your keychain."

"Yes sir, Officer"

"I've never seen orange cocaine before."

"It's habanero powder, Officer."

"You expect me to believe that you keep Habanero Powder on your keychain? We're going to have to take you in and have this analyzed."

Louisiana:

"Yes sir, Officer"

"Is this what I think it is?"

"It's habanero powder, Officer"

"If you let me have it, I'll forget about the speeding ticket"

"Thank you officer, but I'll take the ticket. I'm going to need that powder later today"

You'll no longer be alone in that category. Just wait until the cops pull me over and want to know what's in that pill container on my keychain.

Mississippi:

"Yes sir, Officer"

"I've never seen orange cocaine before."

"It's habanero powder, Officer."

"You expect me to believe that you keep Habanero Powder on your keychain? We're going to have to take you in and have this analyzed."

Louisiana:

"Yes sir, Officer"

"Is this what I think it is?"

"It's habanero powder, Officer"

"If you let me have it, I'll forget about the speeding ticket"

"Thank you officer, but I'll take the ticket. I'm going to need that powder later today"

Every time I fly I worry about getting in trouble for my vile of powder. So far, nobody has asked me what it is.

One other thing about the price. These come with 2 rare earth magnets with each blinker besides the one permanently attached to the base and 4 AG3 batteries. So now we have 6 gross rare earth magnets and 12 gross AG3 batteries besides the blinker caches. Look around and you'll see that you can't even buy 2 rare earth magnets for 25 cents, so this is a pretty good deal. Before Joani made this gross order, I had gone in to Radio Shack to inquire about AG3 batteries for my caribeener flashlight that I use for my keychain. They wanted some rediculous price like $6 for four AG3s, which was more than the caribeener light costs new. Well, now I have a lifetime supply of them. ;)

--Marky

Edited by Marky
One other thing about the price. These come with 2 rare earth magnets with each blinker besides the one permanently attached to the base and 4 AG3 batteries. So now we have 6 gross rare earth magnets and 12 gross AG3 batteries besides the blinker caches. Look around and you'll see that you can't even buy 2 rare earth magnets for 25 cents, so this is a pretty good deal. Before Joani made this gross order, I had gone in to Radio Shack to inquire about AG3 batteries for my caribeener flashlight that I use for my keychain. They wanted some rediculous price like $6 for four AG3s, which was more than the caribeener light costs new. Well, now I have a lifetime supply of them. ;)

--Marky

They wanted some rediculous price like $6 for four AG3s,

I'm surprised that they even knew what AG3s they are