Mio 168 Gps Pda And Geocaching

Does anyone out there know how to 'interface' the geocaching details held here on www.geocaching.com (ie. .loc files) and the Mio's built-in GPS device?

It would be FANTASTIC if it would be a combined GPS/Geocaching database! An ideal situation would be thus:

1. Download .loc files of selected cache you wish to locate into your Mio168 PDA (via USB)

2. Choose the cache which comes up nearest, according to GPS location of where you are located and select it.

3. Trak it and locate the cache. Update the database.

4. Upload to www.geocaching.com with your findings, etc.

THAT WOULD BE SUPERB! Would pay shareware fee if it can do the above!

Cheers!

Tim.

If you download GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife) you will see that it can do that.

I have a Palm and am not familiar with the programs for the Pocket PC OS, but I think there are a couple of choices for you.

The program I use for the Palm OS is called Cachemate and GSAK exports the .gpx file to it.

For optimum efficiency, you will want to become a premium member so you can get the .gpx files in the form of Pocket Queries. Then you can download hundreds of caches. ;)

Tim_Matrix:

1. Download .loc files of selected cache you wish to locate into your Mio168 PDA (via USB)

2. Choose the cache which comes up nearest, according to GPS location of where you are located and select it.

3. Trak it and locate the cache. Update the database.

4. Upload to www.geocaching.com with your findings, etc.

BeeLineGPS comes very close to this. However, it will import GPX files which have more detailed information than LOC files. I have over 4000 caches in mine and wherever I go, I can see what's near by. It acts very much like a GPS handheld tuned for Geocaching.

There is also GPSSonar - It's kind of like having a the web site at your fingertips.

idiosyncratic:

For optimum efficiency, you will want to become a premium member so you can get the .gpx files in the form of Pocket Queries. Then you can download hundreds of caches.

Yes -- very optimum

Have fun!