Hamlin, Pa "the Hide-out"

GPS_David

In June or July I will be visiting Hamlin, PA - a place called "the Hide-out" or something like that.

Is anyone familiar with the area? Know of any good caches nearby? I believe I am taking I80 out there from NY but I haven't planned anything yet. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

I am very familiar with the area as I work at a Boy Scout Camp one road over called Goose Pond Scout Reservation. Unfortunately, there are not a lot of caches in the area.

About six miles northeast of the Hideout Entrance is this cache : Point Rock Geocache.

You can also go to the nearby town of Hawley (ten miles northeast) for three caches:

PPWELC

Schoolhouse Rocks

Lackawaxen in Hawley

Any more help, let me know, I know the area (almost) inside out.

Hmmm you are sort of in-between prime cache density areas there in Hamlin (search on zipcode 18427).

If you go 10 or 15 miles away, Archbald Pothole State Park is a very cool place that I've been wanting to visit. Rich in NEPA has a multicache there. (Do any of his caches and you won't be disappointed.) And, there's a brand new Earthcache, just listed, by Unimoggers (another active hider in the area). It is a part of the state where you're best off to forget about racking up numbers and instead choose a handful of great caches in a state park, state forest or gamelands, and just enjoy some good drives and hikes.