Most Creative Way To Sign A Log With No Pen

The now locked thread of needing a signature in the log book to claim a find has pointed out a couple of interesting things cachers have done to log a cache with no pen. So, this got me thinking, what oddball things have you done or seen to get your name on the logsheet?

For example, there is a pair of local cachers that has signed a few micro logs using a green leaf from a tree and a car key to scrawl their names on the log. Quite creative, if you ask me!

I left a muddy thumbprint in the log of one of the caches I visited last spring...it doesn't say my name, but someone with access to the NYS database could verify that I had been at that cache...there was no writing implement, and mine was wet/frozen/dead.

nfa-jamie

Edited by NFA

I carry two letterboxing style stamps, one is a shamrock and one is an elf. Due to not having any pens or pencils in the cache or in my pack, there are a few logbooks out there that have no record of my visit except for a shamrock stamp in green ink. Since everyone's seen that stamp in hundreds of logbooks, there's no question who visited the cache!

Blood, swet and tears.

After a long day of caching and you realize you left your pen in the last cache you visited.

The swet and tears dilutes the blood to make it go further.

I don't suggest doing this very often, you kinda get weak by the end of the day.

Edited by Dr123d
I left a muddy thumbprint in the log of one of the caches I visited last spring...it doesn't say my name, but someone with access to the NYS database could verify that I had been at that cache...there was no writing implement, and mine was wet/frozen/dead.

nfa-jamie

I thought a few hairs off my head for DNA analysis was sufficant, LOL. Humm I just call the owner and whine. Then again does it matter. I like fingerprints hummm.

cheers

I have done the leaf and stick method. I was checking the computer and found a brand new cache in the area, I jumped in my car and headed to the site. I was the first to find the cache and it was my FTF I was not going to leave without signing that log book ....

I had someone use spraypaint that was on a bench near one of my caches and his key to sign my log book. I thought that was creative. Yesterday, for the first time I found a micro and realized I had left my pen in the car. It was on a dock, and after trying to use a broken shell etc, I finally took a blade of grass and used my finger nail to sign the log book.

I've taken photos of me with the cache and on saturday when the pen stopped working and the pencil in the cache was broken, I resorted to dipping it in dirt and writing with it. Just as I finished with my name I found my other pen and finished the log.

I was FTF on a micro and couldn't find a writing stick to save my life. I found a toothpick and used it to poke an outline of my 'handle' and date and noted that in the on-line log. It must have worked because the STF noted in his log that he could make out that someone else had already 'signed' the log. :D Now I have tied a pen to my GPS lanyard so I will never be without something to write with, until the ink runs out! :(

In my area I am famous for not bringing a writing instrument..due to forgetting, lost it, etc... SO much so that at an event I was given a package of pencils. People even mention it in their cache description..."XRN95...remember to bring a pen!!" When I have to, I usually grab a leaf, blade of grass or fold a page of the log into an airplane or something. Its pretty bad that when people find something like that in the log they know I was there, lol.

I left my leftover cards from a prior job in a couple of caches as trade items, but then someone used one to pretend he was me, which was disastrous because I was in law enforcement. I stopped doing that. Once I found a cache while running and had nothing , so I used a thorn to puncture the log sheet in a pattern of six tiny holes in the same pattern as my ceocaching name, THE RAT, and described it when logging my find.

Was out blackpower hunting this last fall. Had gps and small pad. Came across an old home stead. Liked spot for cache. Didn't have cache container found old cannig jar. Found good hiding spot. Started to write log name. Could not find pencil i was sure i had. Im a smoker used lighter to burn stick to write with. <_<