New Caches

Finding new caches.

I used to do the search from the main page using * and 'United Kingdom', This is fine, except there is no formal way of finding out if any are nearby except by entering each one and selecting streetmap.

Then I found the 'filter out finds' option on my profile page and that is fine except you have to scroll through the pages to look for new caches.

Is there an easier way that I've not yet found?

Is there a way to have more than 20 caches on a page?

Cheers

Adrian

I've got a PQ that looks for caches set in the last 7 days. Fling that into GSAK with the 'clear all flags first - set flags when updating' option set on the import. Then run a filter for all caches with user flag set. This of course has my home co-ords as centre and ordered in distance from home.

So I get a list of all caches in last seven days.

You need to be a premium member for this.

Much easier - create a PQ for new caches within 100 miles based on my home coordinates in the last seven days, with a bookmark in my browser for my PQ page. Once a day I click on the bookmark, then preview the PQ. I can then view online the cache pages that appear, and using the various browser scripts etc published in this Forum I can view location maps instantly.

Buy a Fugawi UK Series 2 map and then all you have to do is right button click on any area you wish to check out and low and behold it reveals all the nearest caches from the spot you pointed at. It does this by loading up the GC.com page for that area.

From then on in its download to GSAK and import back into the map for the exact locations.

All done and dusted in a couple of minutes.

And when Fugawi sort it to do an instant download of the cache waypoints onto the map itself, then everybody will want it.

Much easier - create a PQ for new caches within 100 miles based on my home coordinates in the last seven days, with a bookmark in my browser for my PQ page. Once a day I click on the bookmark, then preview the PQ. I can then view online the cache pages that appear, and using the various browser scripts etc published in this Forum I can view location maps instantly.

Whoops, I use it that way too. But generally when I want to look on Sat and Sun the server is so loaded it just times out, so Igot in the habit of relying more on the recently e-mailed version.

Perhaps this weekend will be better with the new servers.

<<Bookmark This page >>

Nafita's suggestion was brought up some time ago on another thread - I tried it then and have tried it just now but cannot get the map to zoom more than twice. After that it's the dreaded little white square with the red cross in it.

Has anyone else had this problem and cured it please?