Geowoodstock 3 Geocoins

SCP-173

Apologies, I misunderstood your question. I thought you wanted to see what the coin would look like.

No it won't have a separate icon as far as I understand, it will use the regular geocoin icon on your profile. If I am wrong, someone please correct me.

As for the German Geocoin, I have no idea. Have you tried contact at geocaching.com?

I agree that not every coin should have its own icon, even if it is trackable on the gc.com site. Somehow I got the impression that the GW3 coins were going to have one, and it seemed believable.

By the way, I do really like the design of the GW3 coins. Are there any scans of an actual coin yet, or do I have to wait until the event. ;)

Edited by Vargseld?
What are the criteria that Groundspeak uses to decide which coins are trackable?

I believe it is around $1.50-$2 per coin.

That's a lot of money to know who's collection it ends up in.

And thats only if its activated otherwise noone still will know where the coin is. I know i don't activate mine.

Doc-Dean, that's probably the best looking coin I've seen. I can't wait to get mine! Thanks for posting the picture.

why are the people in the picture standing next to that wall ?

:blink:

That's a tidal wave! :lol:

Geez, everybody's a critic...

It's clearly the entrance to Groundspeak HQ. Camoed well like anything else dealing with geocaching should be.

B)

No really nice coin and can't believe I missed ordering some...oh well...I like trading better anyway.

There will be a minor change made but this is basically it:

Is that state outline correct? or is that ballon thing on the upper right corner a mistake?? :D

Welch, the original poster for the original Woodstock music festival in 1969 had a guitar neck with that bird perched on it. That's why the bird is on the top of Florida.

I agree that is the best looking coin I've seen! Good job, StressMaster! :D I wish I had ordered one.

Edited by PeachyPA
Welch, the original poster for the original Woodstock music festival in 1969 had a guitar neck with that bird perched on it. That's why the bird is on the top of Florida.

I was kind of wondering what the bird was for, too. Thanks for explaining that. Here's a picture I found of the poster.

4131Woodstock.jpg

Thank you explaining, I had thought maybe Nurse Dave was joking :grin: