Cache Owner Queries

You can filter in GSAK by Cache Owner ID# You can find this unique number by opening up a GPX file in any text editor. Now look for the string starting with "<Groundspeak:owner id=". The number surrounded by double quotes is the Owner ID. You'll find that filter under the "other" tab, there's a place to enter the owner #.

Also on any cache page you'll find a place to click on

Find...

...other caches hidden or found by this user

I’d like to be able to run a pocket query or cache search by cache owner, i.e., seeing all cache hides by a specific owner and then be able to map them. Viewing finds by owner is easy enough, but querying hides by owner eludes me. Has anyone had any experience with this query?

This is a low tech method, but probably takes no more time than running pq's thru several steps.

Last night I found this fellow in a city I'll visit in a few months, he has 11 puzzles that are really great, plus an online verifier that is cool.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?u=BillP3rd

From that page I just clicked on each of the 11 and after they showed

on my tabbed window I looked at them, clicked the gpx exchange file button

for each. Merged them with Watcher a gpx utility.

You can solve his puzzles and verify the anwsers quick and easy online.

His script tells you which questions you anwsered correctly and which not.

You can quickly zero in on the source of any error.

Handy cause some of his puzzles have 20 questions.

Too bad he isn't writing the code for this site, then maybe we'd have a good

way of finding caches along a highway instead of icons showing whether or not

a public toilet is available or not.

Does anyone here choose which caches to visit based on whether a public toilet is available? :laughing::laughing:<_<

Last night I found this fellow in a city I'll visit in a few months, he has 11 puzzles that are really great, plus an online verifier that is cool.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?u=BillP3rd

You'll get a real kick out of that series! I was FTF on the final (plus a couple of the others). He and I had several 3-5 hour e-mail conversations about the caches over the five days it took to work out all the bugs. In the middle of this, he came up with the verifier so he didn't have to answer all my "Is this right" questions. The funniest part was he put the wrong co-ords in the verifier for the final, and it kept spitting out the list co-ords! :laughing:

Sorry for the Off Topic post, but that brought back some great memories...