Geocaching Featured on "Law & Order"

I had to double-check my TiVo because it hadn't been recording L&O:CI lately...

What I found out was: L&O:CI happens at the same time as Family Guy and American Dad!!?!

Aw, man! Why do I have to choose? Why!?

I know, I'll tape CI and watch the other two in the other room...

I honestly don't know how many will find out about geocaching in this way. We have found that news articles (even big ones) don't attract nearly as much interest as an online news article. The ease of clicking on a link to find the web site brings a lot more activity. That's just traffic, however. It is possible that the folks who stick around are the ones that find out about the activity via more traditional means.

I am wondering if there was a spike of new cachers after the article came out in Parade magazine last November. I would imagine LOTS of people read that!

I honestly don't know how many will find out about geocaching in this way. We have found that news articles (even big ones) don't attract nearly as much interest as an online news article. The ease of clicking on a link to find the web site brings a lot more activity. That's just traffic, however. It is possible that the folks who stick around are the ones that find out about the activity via more traditional means.

I am wondering if there was a spike of new cachers after the article came out in Parade magazine last November. I would imagine LOTS of people read that!

**raises hand**

i'm one of the "november spikes." i had heard of geocaching some time ago and then forgot about it before i had a chance to check it out. when i saw that parade article it was like one of those light bulb things, and i said "oh yeah, that's what that scavenger hunt game thingy was called..." it was a really positive article that stressed the family togetherness and educational aspects of the sport--that always appeals to us teacher thingies!! <_<

p.s. i'm glad someone explained "toothing," but what the heck is a furry??

?

Someone who is an enthusiast for anthropomorphic (aka human-like) animals. Some, if not most, also role-play in full-size costumes for a number of reasons.

My KU likes tv way too much, but I couldnt tivo it because I was doing family guy and some stupd show my folks like......how was it?!?!

I get confused with all the spinoffs. Which one is it on again? Law & Order: Parking Ticket Checker, Law & Order: School Crossing Guard Unit, or Law & Order: 12 Items or Less Grocery Checkout Line Enforcement Unit?

:laughing:

Law & Order: Elevator Inspectors Unit

Duh.

OH Sh--!!! Desparate Housewives is on at the same time! I guess I will be banished to the bedroom to watch it on the postage-stamp TV. And when I tell her why I am watching this show, the wife will give me the "geocaching obsession eye-roll" once again!!!!!

I'm sure my wife will be watching Despicable Housewives on the only TV we have in the house. I guess I will have to drive the 30 miles to a geocacher event at a pizza parlor to watch it with my buds :laughing:

Grrrrrr I'm working 3PM till 2AM. Not even pizza there. Desperate Housewives is tuned up on the upstairs TIVO. Guess I'll hijack the kids TIVO downstairs and they'll never know the difference. :laughing:

I learned about Geocaching whilst perusing CNN.com Science and Technology in January. Yep it was the link.

Edited by CENT5
Oh crap, thanks for pointing that out. I'm sure my wife will be watching Despicable Housewives on the only TV we have in the house. I guess I will have to drive the 30 miles to a geocacher event at a pizza parlor to watch it with my buds :laughing:

Rats, what a great idea. Wish I'd thought of it sooner.

p.s. i'm glad someone explained "toothing," but what the heck is a furry??

Someone who is an enthusiast for anthropomorphic (aka human-like) animals. Some, if not most, also role-play in full-size costumes for a number of reasons.

The actor who played 'sexy kitty' in the CSI episode featuring the furries is a younger cousin of one of my best childhood friends. I see Willy pop up in these odd roles all the time. It's kinda wierd seeing the kid who always wanted to hang with us on TV.

As far as I know, Geocaching is part of the story and in a positive light.

Whew. If a geocacher had been shown up as the murderer, who knows what the SC legislature might come up with. :huh:

Actually, let them go ahead and use something they saw in a television show as evidence for their case. That should say something about the process used to create the laws that protect and conjoin our citizens. :huh:

So someone else caught Simpsons Dig on L/O as well.

Will it attract newbies? yes.

Will They remain interested when they figure out that they have to invest $100+ for a GPSr ? No.

Will they find more than 3 caches. Prolly not.

Will it Help Muggles understand us better? Lets hope so.

Gonna Tape L/O in my Bedroom, Watch FOX in the common living room with my dorm mates.

Will They remain interested when they figure out that they have to invest $100+ for a GPSr ?  No.

That is a pretty broad proclamation. So everyone will balk at $100 in hardware?

Honestly I don't care if there's one convert. It'll be cool to see Detective Goran say "geocaching."

Edited by Jeremy

Shoot, when I bought my GPSr, I considered it a better investment than buying one of those stupid exercize machines that you would probably use all of a month and get sick of. In fact, I think the GPSr was cheaper. So basically my GPSr is my exercize machine, but a ton better because here I am a year later still following that thing around the local parks.

Bump it? You mean like this?

:)

9 PM Eastern tonight (8 PM Central, I'll assume), people!

In addition to not TiVo'ing Family Guy and American Dad for this, I now have to go to today's Red Sox game at 5 PM instead of 2 PM, because of yesterday's rain-out! I hope it's a fast game or I'm gonna miss my cartoons!

I get confused with all the spinoffs. Which one is it on again? Law & Order: Parking Ticket Checker, Law & Order: School Crossing Guard Unit, or Law & Order: 12 Items or Less Grocery Checkout Line Enforcement Unit?

:unsure:

lmao..

I'll grab this tonight and may host it too. We'll see how big it is sans commercials.

Weird though how our info on it, says nothing about geocaching.

My online TV listing says: "Law & Order: Criminal Intent : The Unblinking Eye (Crime) Detectives explore a high-tech treasure-hunting game when an actor is wounded. TV14 CC Stereo"

I have to watch it live, though. All my technology are belong to somebody else :unsure:

It's not supposed to be buried! NO!

GeoJeanne, Mugsimus and I are sitting here and Mugsy is so pissed she's BARKING! :unsure:

But, who knows... maybe someone will say something.

That fish the chick left? I think I had that at one point (seriously... I had a TB that looked just like it).

Let's stay tuned.

Also, anyone notice how empty that cache looked?