Cheap Gps

You can get a Lowrance iFinder GO from TigerGPS currently for $69US. It has 32mb memory that includes base maps and a 16 channel WAAS receiver. Personally I think it's a better buy than a Cobra.

There is no data cable provision on the iFinder GO, but it is an entry level GPSr, and keying coordiates is not a big deal if you're a casual "weekend Geocacher".

I have no personal experience with the Cobra, but if you do a search in this forum for Cobra, you see lots of ranting and not too much raving. Rapidly falling prices may just reflect lots of supply and no demand.

I got to play with a Cobra 500 for a few minutes from a co-worker who got one used as payment for a debt.

Wow was I unimpressed. I have never used a GPS that bad before. Poor interface, screen res was horrible. We went outside in a open area with just some short buildings providing the only possible signal block. It took forever to get a lock and when it did have a lock it would lose it easily.

The only good thing about it was that it was built like a tank, and I imagine it was built that way because they were afraid people would try and smash it, then return it.

Seriously, I would not even use it if I got one for free. That bad.

You can get a Lowrance iFinder GO from TigerGPS currently for $69US.  It has 32mb memory that includes base maps and a 16 channel WAAS receiver. Personally I think it's a better buy than a Cobra.

There is no data cable provision on the iFinder GO, but it is an entry level GPSr, and keying coordiates is not a big deal if you're a casual "weekend Geocacher".

There is a data cable for the ifinder go. as a matter of fact tigerGPS sells one cheaper than lowrance does. That IMHO Makes the I finder a SCREAMIN GOOD DEAL!!!

IT is not mentioned in the normal users manual but is mentioned in the advanced users manual. Go to www.lowrance.com and look at the ifinder go when oyu get there click on the advanced user manual. it's a pdf and I think the com port setup is on page 57

I will buy one for myself as soon as I can afford it. the display lookes awsome and a mapping gps for 70 bucks is right up my alley BTW Follow this link for a product comparison.

http://www.lowrance.com/ProductComparison/..._comparison.asp

skillet :lol:

Edited by skillett
You can get a Lowrance iFinder GO from TigerGPS currently for $69US.  It has 32mb memory that includes base maps and a 16 channel WAAS receiver. Personally I think it's a better buy than a Cobra.

There is a data cable for the ifinder go. as a matter of fact tigerGPS sells one cheaper than lowrance does. That IMHO Makes the I finder a SCREAMIN GOOD DEAL!!!

No I think what you're seeing is the NMEA interface cable used to send the GPSr coordinate data TO the PC. I don't think the iFinder GO or GO2 can receive waypoint transfers from a PC. Hey, it is an entry level model ;)