Explorist Weather/presure/temp

The weather outside today was raining and wet . I turned on both eXplorist 300 and 600 units and saw a big difference in what the readings were.

My

Model = 300 600 House

Temperature 71 79 74

Pressure 37.71 29.41 29.91

Pointer None Line

Weather Steady Falling Rain

The House Temp was from the thermostat and the House Pressure was from the Weather Channel for my town.

I guess I will call Magellan and ask why and is that normal.

Temperature.jpg

I did not reset the Pressure Altimeter, so I did not expect it to be good.

Anyone else see resonable readings or wrong readings?

:lol: Only thing I can think of is the difference in altimeter readings; should show your height in feet at your location; which is used to get the correct reading for your area (corrected to sealevel ). Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I send weather observations every 3 hours on the ship I work on and we have to do the corrections from a chart for that given area to get sealevel just because the barometer is not calibrated for sealevel. Hope this helps you...Old Sailor :D

I just set the altitude to 90 ft on both units siting on my desk.

The Model 300 reads:

75 Degrees, Falling, 37.86, 92 Ft

The Model 600 reads:

84 Degrees, Rising, 29.62, 84 Ft

The insde house temperature is 74 degrees, but both units were sitting on my DSL Modem so they should be hotter.

The Weather Channel says the Pressure is 30.10 and Falling in my city.

My Model 300 just changed to "Steady" from Falling

The Magellan Service guy had me reset my eXplorist 300 and clear all memory. It di dnot help - still the pressure was 37.41 and the altitude on the Weather Screen was -6,389 ft. If I set the Altitude to 90 ft, it would change to 90 ft, but would return to -6,89 ft if I went to another screen and back to the Weather Screen.

I will send it back to them tomorrow to be fixed.

There was some talk about problems with the sensors. Sounds like you have one.

Edit: Whoops. Your 600 seems ok apparently; it's the 300 that's off. I haven't heard about problems with the 300 per se, but it certainly needs fixed (as they say around my current neck of the woods).

Edited by embra

Hmm, is there a section about calibrating the sensor in the manual? I think I had a problem with my platnium where is was registering 32.xx inHg, and even a firmware update did not fix it.

I had to enter the correct pressure to get it working.

Here is the thread in which I had a problem: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...topic=60250&hl=

Wyatt W.

Edited by phantom4099