Multi-cache Or Mystery/puzzle To Name It?

YanniG

Hello !

I plan to place a cache that initially I will be announcing a point with specific coordinates.At this point I will place a film canister with a question and four possible answers.Each answer will guide you to a different point nearby.There will be three false answers and one true.The false ones will guide the geocacher to microcaches that will have the message "Sorry wrong answer.Please try again !"

So the geocacher will return to the starting point where he tries next one.

If he/she knows enough from Greek history, he/she will be guided to the plastic container easy.If not then it's his/her destiny to walk ! ! !

All these five places are within a gulf of nomore than 5 kms distance from one point to the other.

Yesterday I took the coordinates and placed the plastic container.

Now I am writing the instructions that will be placed at the microcache and the wrong messages for the false answers.

I am wondering how should I categorize this cache.

Mystery/puzzle or multicache?

Thanks in advnance !

Yanni

If the coordinates on the page match the first container, and you don't need anymore information to get to the others (apart from possibly being able to cut short your walk if you're clued in), then I would say it's a multi. If you can't solve the next coordinates without working out a code, or needing extra information, it's a puzzle.

Multicache. You go to the first spot which are the listed coordinates. A mystery generally has no real starting point and the listed coordinates have nothing there to visit.

As an aside, you do realize that a hunter will simply jot down all of the answers and visit their first choice first and, if wrong, just head to the next one. Most won't revisit the first cache unless they jotted down the info wrong. Some use digital cameras to record the information.

Hope this helps!

I have placed the sequence so the first time you move at the left, next time at the right, next at the left and next at the right.So it will be much walking for all these geocachers who wil not know the answer.It won't be an easy one ! Unless you bring a laptop with an encyclopedia in it ! ! ! besides, I don't plan to announce that there will be a question...Most people will visit the place and just wait to find easy the coordinates of the cache...No no no...

Lately here in Greece many local people wait for easy caches without placing any of their own...

so it is more challenging for me to increase the difficulty here...