Moun10bike Geocoin #13 Returns

Uplink

I've been tracking Moun10Bike Geocoin #13 because I was the first finder and I regretted not keeping it. It was last seen in Germany back in 2002 where a New York Geocacher who seemed to give up Geocaching after a month left it in a bag at his Mother's house. Turned up the other day at the Sequim East Travel Bug Hotel. Sheesh, I figured this to a good candidate for Least Likely to Reappear.

Just goes to show you there is always hope for those long lost Travel Bugs...

I don't think that it really was Moun10Bike Geocoin #013.  I think someone found another coin-like item with the same number and logged it in error.  If you look at the cacher's log on the cache, he references taking a MRCOGEO geotoken, not one of my coins.

Yes, I had that bug...gave to tolmaus. It had that unlucky number. Makes sense. cool fact regarding EraSeek and Uplink joining the site on the same day! Uplink and I had a good chase after that first new coin little over a year ago. It was fun!

Edited by evergreenhiker!

EGH - I believe you are thinking about a later version geocoin. I picked up #13 at GC22ED in October 2001, and having a look at the logs, who did I beat to the coin? EraSeek! :D I see the new log for #13 has been removed anyway, so Moun10Bike was right, it was a mistake.

I have noticed that EraSeek and I joined on the same day... I think they had a 2 for 1 sale on old mountaineers that week! :lol:

EGH - I believe you are thinking about a later version geocoin. I picked up #13 at GC22ED in October 2001, and having a look at the logs, who did I beat to the coin? EraSeek! ;) I see the new log for #13 has been removed anyway, so Moun10Bike was right, it was a mistake.

I have noticed that EraSeek and I joined on the same day... I think they had a 2 for 1 sale on old mountaineers that week! :D

yep...the new version at that great Maze cache.