How To Unarchive A Cache...

Delaypat

I had a cache that I placed some time ago and archived it, how can I make this cache happen again? Just name it something different and make a new one? Or somehow keep the old one and update it??? I want to change whats inside, because that was the cache...If you can see what i'm talking about I mean my 11:11 cache.....Oh also can I change the name.....This is going to be a cool cache...it will be an audio cache..What I mean by that is there will be a microcassette recorder in there as the log...there is also a log book for people who dont want to record....I think it will be neat.....Anyway thakns for the help!!

Delay

You need a reviewer to unarchive any cache. If its just disabled you can change it back yourself by using the 'enable' link'.

When making large scale changes its often better (and quicker) to archive the old one, and go submit a whole new one. Use the hide&seek link on the left side of the main page, and fill out the online form.

good luck

Write an e-mail to the volunteer cache reviewer who listed your cache. Their name appears at the bottom of your cache page. Give full details about your plans for the cache -- what is similar and what will be different in the cache's new incarnation? This will help the volunteer in working with you to decide whether it's more appropriate to unarchive the existing cache, or to start over with a fresh cache page. If it's pretty much the same cache then the vote leans towards unarchival. If you're changing the cache type, hiding place or container in a material way, then you'll likely be steered towards setting up a new page. The test is to put yourself in the shoes of a prior finder of your cache. If they went back to find a brand new cache, would they say "been there, done that" or "wow, this different one was cool too!"

Will the cache be in exactly the same place as the old one? If so, you could write to the reviewer and ask that they unarchive it. You can also just make a whole new page and submit it. Either works. If you plan to move it, I suggest making a new page because then it really is an entirely diffierent cache.

If you're changing the nature, or location of the cache,just create a new page.

Write an e-mail to the volunteer cache reviewer who listed your cache. Their name appears at the bottom of your cache page. Give full details about your plans for the cache -- what is similar and what will be different in the cache's new incarnation?

This advice is frequently given, but what happens if the approver is no longer an approver? Does someone else get the e-mail or does it go into limbo?

If you're changing the nature, or location of the cache,just create a new page.

Write an e-mail to the volunteer cache reviewer who listed your cache. Their name appears at the bottom of your cache page. Give full details about your plans for the cache -- what is similar and what will be different in the cache's new incarnation?

This advice is frequently given, but what happens if the approver is no longer an approver? Does someone else get the e-mail or does it go into limbo?

As long as their account is still active, they will get the email. Most likely they'll respond to it and tell the cacher they aren't a reviewer anymore. A quick email to contact at geocaching dot com will take care of it.

In most cases, the original reviewer is probably still active. We aren't McDonald's :lol: