GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife)

ClydeE

I have a strange thing happening with GSAK. If a GSAk window is maximised in background, with any other window in foreground, if my mouse is over the GSAk window in the background I lose focus with the front "other" window, and the GSAK window comes to the front and gains focus.

This has only happened since the latest upgrade.

Is it just me?

I have a strange thing happening with GSAK. If a GSAk window is maximised in background, with any other window in foreground, if my mouse is over the GSAk window in the background I lose focus with the front "other" window, and the GSAK window comes to the front and gains focus.

This has only happened since the latest upgrade.

Is it just me?

I can also replicate this behaviour so it isn't just you :ph34r:

I will fix in the maintenance release.

Thanks a lot Clyde. Now all I have to do is find where I put my backup of filters, locations and other stuff on my cd collection :ph34r:

Is there a way to transfer filters from one machine to another? Maybe an export/import filter? Or is there a file that needs to be moved?

Use File=>Backup and just tick the "save settings" on the source computer, now on the destination computer use File=>Restore

I have this issue pending in the CachMate thread, but thought it really was a question for here.  The 1st paragraph was the recommendation, the 2nd paragraph below is really what I want to know.

QUOTE (webscouter. @ Apr 26 2005, 08:11 PM)

The best place to put (the PDB) is in the Add-on folder, that way if the palm gets corrupted it will automatically reinstall it when you hot synch. If you put it in the default location it will transfer it to the palm and will open it when you open cachemate. Just let GSAK put it where it wants to, hot synch the palm and then open the cachemate program on the palm 

Well, when I export the PDB file, my copy of GSAK does not fill in the box with a default path or anything. Also on my computer, the path "C:\Program Files\PalmOne\ " does not have an "add on" folder in it.  Should I just create an "add-on" folder in the "PalmOne" folder? Or is it not that simple?

Open the install or quick install tool in your Palm Desktop folder in the start/all programs menu of your windows desktop. Click on the "add" button of that applet. That should reveal where your add-on folder is. Go up a level or two if you need more information locating it.

The first time you export you have to give it a path and file name. After that GSAK will remember what you used before and give you the option of staying with it or changing it.

I don't know if it's come up so far as you've explored this, but so long as you have the "Install to palm after conversion" box checked in the GSAK export to cachmate window, the cachemate file should be set up for hotsynch no matter where you tell GSAK to put it on the hard drive.

Thanks. I did figure out last night that GSAK does what you say in the last sentence of your answer.

In the quick install tool in my Palm Desktop, the add button reveals only the "My Documents" folder, so I guess this is the default location that Palm DT sets up. I don't usually have any files in this location, only separate folders I set up for each individual application's documents. I guess I should either find out if Palm DT lets you change this from the top level of My Documents to a folder beneath. If not, it probably does not matter as it seems this level of the MD folder will not get cluttered with files. I think the file is only there until the next time I hotsync and then is transferred, leaving no copy behind.

Thanks again!

Quick question about the new "load from email" function.

In a future release will it be possible to select which database the loaded data enters rather than "Last Active"? Basically, I have seven or eight Pocket Queries that each get stored in their own database.

Or, maybe like the "Load GPX/LOC" option, the settings could be remembered for each individual database, rather than globally for the whole application?

(Don't want to sound like I am complaining, because I think this is a great feature. I didn't even know I wanted it until I had it. :rolleyes: Now I'll have a reason to learn how to use macros!)

Quick question about the new "load from email" function.

In a future release will it be possible to select which database the loaded data enters rather than "Last Active"? Basically, I have seven or eight Pocket Queries that each get stored in their own database.

Or, maybe like the "Load GPX/LOC" option, the settings could be remembered for each individual database, rather than globally for the whole application?

(Don't want to sound like I am complaining, because I think this is a great feature. I didn't even know I wanted it until I had it. :D Now I'll have a reason to learn how to use macros!)

This sounds like an ideal job for a macro :rolleyes:

Used new feature "cm2gpx" today. Took a little doing getting"cm2gpx" to work. Finally created GPX file from my cachemate founds. I then used the GSAK function to update my finds. Low and behold, no matches. I then just loaded the GPX file to GSAK and found that there was a waypoint matching problem. When creating the cachemate file using GSAK I stripped off the "GC" and added the cache type making a new waypoint name. Example: GCH9QF becomes H9QF-T. Now when I feed the cm2gpx created GPX file back to GSAK there are no hits because of the changes. Is there anyway in GSAK to get around this problem?

Edited by Frog Man
Thanks a lot Clyde. Now all I have to do is find where I put my backup of filters, locations and other stuff on my cd collection :rolleyes:

Is there a way to transfer filters from one machine to another? Maybe an export/import filter? Or is there a file that needs to be moved?

Use File=>Backup and just tick the "save settings" on the source computer, now on the destination computer use File=>Restore

This works great as long as both computers have the same drive layout.

On my desktop, I have GSAK on drive D, and my laptop only has Drive C... I need to go in a fix a few things if I restore settings from a backup of the other machine.

Hi,

Has anyone else noticed a scroll bar issue with the new version? I have two copies installed, one @ home and one on my laptop, and both have it.

My database has close to 1700 waypoints in it. When I scroll down the list clicking in the "gray area" of the scroll bar, the slider button reaches the bottom at about halfway thru the list.

Thanks! Other than that, this rocks, Clyde. :rolleyes:

Hi,

Has anyone else noticed a scroll bar issue with the new version? I have two copies installed, one @ home and one on my laptop, and both have it.

My database has close to 1700 waypoints in it. When I scroll down the list clicking in the "gray area" of the scroll bar, the slider button reaches the bottom at about halfway thru the list.

Thanks! Other than that, this rocks, Clyde. :rolleyes:

Yes, Mine does it also. Must be a bug. If I use the wheel of my mouse, or click on the scroll bar down arrow, I can see the lower 1/2. Also using the curser arrows on the keyboard works, but not by clicking in the scroll bar area as you describe.

downloaded new version today. custom urls does not work now? Did I do something ?

an update on my problem.... reloaded 5.1.4 and custom urls works on it. on the new version no drop down screen appears.

Can't say I've seen a problem - my Custom URLs work fine with the new build.

I've just updated to 5.5.0 and I now have the Custom URL problem mentioned above.

Also, when I click on Waypoint then move the cursor to Offline, an IE window comes up as soon as the menu appears, with the cursor still on Offline, not in the menu. This happens whether I click and hold or click and release on Waypoint.

I've just updated to 5.5.0 and I now have the Custom URL problem mentioned above.

Also, when I click on Waypoint then move the cursor to Offline, an IE window comes up as soon as the menu appears, with the cursor still on Offline, not in the menu. This happens whether I click and hold or click and release on Waypoint.

This is a confirmed bug that Clyde will fix in the maintenance release - see this post. for the workaround. It pays to read the earlier pages before posting! :rolleyes:

Hi,

Has anyone else noticed a scroll bar issue with the new version?  I have two copies installed, one @ home and one on my laptop, and both have it.

My database has close to 1700 waypoints in it.  When I scroll down the list clicking in the "gray area" of the scroll bar, the slider button reaches the bottom at about halfway thru the list.

Thanks!  Other than that, this rocks, Clyde.    :rolleyes:

Yes, Mine does it also. Must be a bug. If I use the wheel of my mouse, or click on the scroll bar down arrow, I can see the lower 1/2. Also using the curser arrows on the keyboard works, but not by clicking in the scroll bar area as you describe.

As I recall, this is a function of the database program that underlies GSAK. Clyde had to make a choice (I forget what the trade off was, but I remember thinking it was the right choice when Clyde explained it some time ago in the thread on an earlier version). It's not new to the most recent release.

Edit: The workaround is to use the wheel mouse, scroll bar arrows or the cursor arrows, as you noted.

Edited by Kai Team

hey clyde two things i use to be able to export to html using %code and create a folder called cache and it had a list of the caches in waypoint code it also had some links on the top and bottom but i never paid any attention to those but these were what i use to open to cache pade on my pocket pc however recently the folder has numbers instead of the waypoint code starting with 1 and ends with however many caches are in the filter i uderstand the Cache Master Index had the waypoint code but this opens up slow on both my pc and my ppc and out in the field its trouble some so i was just wondering what i am doing wrong

now for my second one is more like a request for the future that when eporting to say ms s&t there can be a way to link the pushpins to the url of the say the master index so on my pocket pc i can just click on the pushpin(of double click) and i go right to the cache page

thanks in advance

hey clyde two things i use to be able to export to html using %code and create a folder called cache and it had a list of the caches in waypoint code it also had some links on the top and bottom but i never paid any attention to those but these were what i use to open to cache pade on my pocket pc however recently the folder has numbers instead of the waypoint code starting with 1 and ends with however many caches are in the filter i uderstand the Cache Master Index had the waypoint code but this opens up slow on both my pc and my ppc and out in the field its trouble some so i was just wondering what i am doing wrong

now for my second one is more like a request for the future that when eporting to say ms s&t there can be a way to link the pushpins to the url of the say the master index so on my pocket pc i can just click on the pushpin(of double click) and i go right to the cache page

thanks in advance

1. Please see this post

2. Select the "Use local URL for each Waypoint" when doing the export.

Hello,

I just downloaded GSAK, populated it with some Waypoints from a Pocket Query, and was all set to download the waypoints to my Garmin Etrex, and I get an error. I can see several models of Garmin that you list that you support, and Etrex is not specifically mentioned. Is download to Garmin Etrex supported?

I just downloaded GSAK, populated it with some Waypoints from a Pocket Query, and was all set to download the waypoints to my Garmin Etrex, and I get an error. I can see several models of Garmin that you list that you support, and Etrex is not specifically mentioned. Is download to Garmin Etrex supported?

Yes, that should work fine.

Make sure you have selected the correct com port, unchecked the "use USB" box, and you do not have any PDA "activesync" type software running (which will often hijack your com port so other applicatons can't use it)

First off I must say that GSAK is one of less than five programs that I have ever felt my money was well spent and worth every penny for an extremely functional program.

Now on to the stupid questions.

1st: I generate local URL's for my laptop and PDA. When I pull up a specific cache page I don't see the cache owner listed. Am I missing something or is this specifically missing? I am familiar with the "Placed By" on the master index but I normally search by distace, bearing and nearest caches.

2nd: I export a Microsoft streets and trips CSV file. Most of the links get generated correctly but there are a few that fail to put the specific cache page number in the link. This of course fails to link to the page info.

Never mind on question 2, my HTML pages were not updated. Problem 2 solved.

GSAK, like the Batmobile after its been thru Overhaulin' and Monster Garage.

Edited by spearfox
First off I must say that GSAK is one of less than five programs that I have ever felt my money was well spent and worth every penny for an extremely functional program.

Now on to the stupid questions.

1st: I generate local URL's for my laptop and PDA. When I pull up a specific cache page I don't see the cache owner listed. Am I missing something or is this specifically missing? I am familiar with the "Placed By" on the master index but I normally search by distace, bearing and nearest caches.

2nd: I export a Microsoft streets and trips CSV file. Most of the links get generated correctly but there are a few that fail to put the specific cache page number in the link. This of course fails to link to the page info.

GSAK, like the Batmobile after its been thru Overhaulin' and Monster Garage.

1. The cache owner is usually shown as part of the cache name/description and is the default setting shipped with GSAK. If you don't see this then it would appear you have changed the default settings. Go to Tools=>Options=>HTML and look at the "Waypoint description for HTML view". You can build your own description using special tags, but the default shipped with GSAK is "%name by %by" (without the quotes)

2. Every cache in GSAK has provision for a URL (right mouse click on a cache and select edit to view). This URL is automatically populated with what ever is in the GPX/LOC file you use to load the information into GSAK. If there is no URL (for example a manually created waypoint) then S&T will not be able to display the cache online. If you don't need the online link, you can get around this by using the "Use local url for each waypoint", but you must generate the offline HTML pages using the File=>Export=>HTML option for the exact same sub set of caches that you do the S&T export.

Edited by ClydeE

Tip: Searching the help file

Users often feel information is missing from the help file because they can't find what they are looking for in the table of contents or index.

The help file shipped with GSAK allows for a "full text search" on any word.

For example, you want to get the information in GSAK to an Excel spread sheet. You won't find a solution in the table of contents or the Index. However you can track down the solution by using "find" feature in the help file.

1. From the main GSAK menu click on Help=>Contents

2. Now click on the "Find" tab (if this is the first time you will get the "find setup wizard" - just click on Next)

3. Type in "excel" (without the quotes)

4. You should see two topics in the bottom display - Select the FAQ topic for your answer

Edited by ClydeE

Clyde,

Speaking of the help file, I notice that when GSAK is maximized and I open help in V 5.5, the help window opens UNDER the main GSAK window, when it used to open on top of the main window in earlier versions (for a minute there, I didn't think help had opened at all).

Keep up the great work!

Speaking of the help file, I notice that when GSAK is maximized and I open help in V 5.5, the help window opens UNDER the main GSAK window, when it used to open on top of the main window in earlier versions (for a minute there, I didn't think help had opened at all).

Hopefully, this is just another symptom of the bug reported here

If you keep your mouse in the top half of the screen, all should be ok. It is only when you move your mouse down to the split screen HTML viewing area (it gains focus) and then the help files goes under the main window.

Let me know if this is not the case and I will have to look deeper.

OK, reading thru and I didn't find this talked about, but my head hurts from reading the whole thread.

I love the new pop3 option. The only problem I have is that the other thing I was doing manually was pulling the .prc file out and placing it in a folder. Is that still possible, or is that something that future versions can have placed in the program.

Also, is there a way to activate the pop3 when you start GSAK?

OK, reading thru and I didn't find this talked about, but my head hurts from reading the whole thread.

I love the new pop3 option. The only problem I have is that the other thing I was doing manually was pulling the .prc file out and placing it in a folder. Is that still possible, or is that something that future versions can have placed in the program.

Also, is there a way to activate the pop3 when you start GSAK?

Yes, the POP3 download will place any attachments to the folder you nominate, but GSAK will only load GPX/LOC/ZIP files (and only the GPX/LOC files inside the zip files)

You can activate the pop3 download when GSAK starts by writing a macro (just 1 line will do it) and then have this as your "auto start" macro. See Tools=>Options=>Advanced

LOWRANCE

I love this program and probably will never get aquainted with all its features. I use a Lowrance GPS and would like to see the export of Lowrance.usr files in the drop down menu. Right now, the only way I have found to load these waypoints to the SD Card is using GPSbabel directly, outside GSAK. Since GPSbable is running within GSAK can the Lowrance option be added to the menu?

Thanks, Chris

Edited by beardedbosn&juju
LOWRANCE

I use a Lowrance GPS and would like to see the export of Lowrance.usr files in the drop down menu. Right now, the only way I have found to load these waypoints to the SD Card is using GPSbabel directly, outside GSAK. Since GPSbable is running within GSAK can the Lowrance option be added to the menu?

If you want to generate these files from inside GSAK use the File=>Export=>Custom option (it will just use GPSBabel "under the hood" to do it for you)

Used new feature "cm2gpx" today. Took a little doing getting"cm2gpx" to work. Finally created GPX file from my cachemate founds. I then used the GSAK function to update my finds. Low and behold, no matches. I then just loaded the GPX file to GSAK and found that there was a waypoint matching problem. When creating the cachemate file using GSAK I stripped off the "GC" and added the cache type making a new waypoint name. Example: GCH9QF becomes H9QF-T. Now when I feed the cm2gpx created GPX file back to GSAK there are no hits because of the changes. Is there anyway in GSAK to get around this problem?

No. Unfortunately GSAK uses what ever code is provided by the GPX file to find a match in the GSAK database.

If you can somehow get the GCXXXX code in another part of the generated GPX file I could provide an option to use that part instead.

....or FrogMan could use a carefully constructed search and replace to "fix" the names, right?

A UNIX guy would just do something like 'sed 's#<name>\(*.\)-.*</name>#<name>GC\1<name/> foo.gpx' and have it done in less time than it takes a text editor to load. You could probably do the same thing in a text editor if you were careful enough.

(This is also wh UNIX guys tend to not have a lot of friends)

....or FrogMan could use a carefully constructed search and replace to "fix" the names, right?

A UNIX guy would just do something like 'sed 's#<name>\(*.\)-.*</name>#<name>GC\1<name/> foo.gpx' and have it done in less time than it takes a text editor to load. You could probably do the same thing in a text editor if you were careful enough.

Yep, that would work.

Basically any text editor or utility that supports regular expression replacement would do the trick.

A UNIX guy would just do something like 'sed 's#<name>\(*.\)-.*</name>#<name>GC\1<name/> foo.gpx' and have it done in less time than it takes a text editor to load.    You could probably do the same thing in a text editor if you were careful enough.

you mean a Unix guy like robertlipe ???

cc\

Edited by CompuCash
A UNIX guy would just do something like 'sed 's#<name>\(*.\)-.*</name>#<name>GC\1<name/> foo.gpx'
you mean a Unix guy like robertlipe ???

Yep.

A Real UNIX Guy would even catch the two typos in the command above from 20 yards, but be inspired by the idea and just fix it on the fly when typing it in.

Ribbing and snobbery aside, I think you could probably actually do this manually in a tool without regular expressions (i.e. notepad or edit word perfect or whatever you rascally kids - darn, there's that snob thing again - use for editing files) if you were very careful with your search and replace constructs. The idea really was to plant the seed that this probably can be done in a reasonably automated fashion.

1. Please see this post

2. Select the "Use local URL for each Waypoint" when doing the export.

Hi Clyde

Love the POP enhancements and thanks for including the show labels option for MM.

Picking up on others comments for using MM on PPC, I am trying to use MM on my PPC to reference the local URLs generated by GSAK. At the moment I export the HTML file and then export to a MM csv, using the local option. If I edit this csv before importing in to MM and remove the drive reference (replace all "c:\" to "\" in Excel), then the same references in MM work with the same HTML generated file on both my PC (Windows XP) and my PPC. Hence double clicking on a custom icon brings up the offline cache page on either device. (bye bye GPXSonar!) The zipped version of the HTML gets directly created in "My PPC" folder for the next sync, where I unpack it to the same directory as the PC.

So would it be possible to remove the drive reference from the generated csv (it seems redundant to me!) or make this an option in case it causes a problem for others?

Also, when exporting the HTML file would it be possible when choosing a folder to chose "Mobile device" when in the "Browse for folder" window which would allow me to use the SD on my PPC to hold the HTML files. I would then rerun MM export with "Yes, use local" unchecked, giving my PC MM access to the online web pages.

Finally, my PC is freezing when export the HTML file on occasions. I don't know if it is the number of waypoints that I am using or something about one/some of them. Exporting 571 of them is OK. 908 is not. The status bar for generating Individual HTML pages stops before the end and I have to reboot my machine (no dump then). My antivirus is switched off for this operation. Thoughts?

Wonderful program Clyde!

My wish list is very short:

1. SOURCE field that can be used for filtering

Populated from the GPX import (perhaps from creator= or GPX author name fields?) This would allow filters that can distinguish between Geocaches, TerraCaches, BMGPX Benchmarks, etc.

2. Allow multiple owner ID's

For example, a player may use the name "George" for Geocaching.com and "Tom" for TerraCaching.com. When limited to a single owner ID the owned, FOUND and DNF flagging will not work for the other user name. An exact/partial/# option for matching each entry would be nice.

Edited by Xangxa
Picking up on others comments for using MM on PPC, I am trying to use MM on my PPC to reference the local URLs generated by GSAK. At the moment I export the HTML file and then export to a MM csv, using the local option. If I edit this csv before importing in to MM and remove the drive reference (replace all "c:\" to "\" in Excel), then the same references in MM work with the same HTML generated file on both my PC (Windows XP) and my PPC. Hence double clicking on a custom icon brings up the offline cache page on either device. (bye bye GPXSonar!) The zipped version of the HTML gets directly created in "My PPC" folder for the next sync, where I unpack it to the same directory as the PC.

So would it be possible to remove the drive reference from the generated csv (it seems redundant to me!) or make this an option in case it causes a problem for others?

When you specify the local folder for the MM HTML files, this box is fully editable. So there should be no need to edit out the drive reference in the CSV file - just remove it in GSAK before doing the generation. For example if you have used the browse dialog to select the folder c:\html\test just edit this to \htm\test

Also, when exporting the HTML file would it be possible when choosing a folder to chose "Mobile device" when in the "Browse for folder" window which would allow me to use the SD on my PPC to hold the HTML files. I would then rerun MM export with "Yes, use local" unchecked, giving my PC MM access to the online web pages.

I will have a look at and see if I can do this.

Finally, my PC is freezing when export the HTML file on occasions. I don't know if it is the number of waypoints that I am using or something about one/some of them. Exporting 571 of them is OK. 908 is not. The status bar for generating Individual HTML pages stops before the end and I have to reboot my machine (no dump then). My antivirus is switched off for this operation. Thoughts?

Can you produce a test case where the problem is repeatable?

If you can, then do a File=>Backup on just the database you can repeat the problem (make sure to also tick the settings box) then email me the generated zip file together with the steps you take to do the HTML generation. With an exact copy of the data and settings I should be able to tell if the problem is data related or not.

My wish list is very short:

1. SOURCE field that can be used for filtering

Populated from the GPX import (perhaps from creator= or GPX author name fields?) This would allow filters that can distinguish between Geocaches, TerraCaches, BMGPX Benchmarks, etc.

2. Allow multiple owner ID's

For example, a player may use the name "George" for Geocaching.com and "Tom" for TerraCaching.com. When limited to a single owner ID the owned, FOUND and DNF flagging will not work for the other user name. An exact/partial/# option for matching each entry would be nice.

I will add these to "the list"

Looking at number 2, I think the best solution here is to add a RegEx option. Regular expressions give you a lot more flexability to do this type of thing (and then some B) )

Edited by ClydeE

Thanks a lot for the new features, Clyde. The POP3 stuff has transformed getting and loading PQs into a single click operation.

Couple of minor things I noticed:

After the database conversion the UserSort field was back showing zeroes. It seems OK after I've run a Global Replace on it. Probably just a once-off conversion issue.

In the Help file the MACRO command needs a File= token. Took me a while to work out what I was doing wrong B)

Regular expressions give you a lot more flexability to do this type of thing (and then some  :blink: )

Yes indeedee! I've been a big RE fan for years. I cut my teeth on BRIEF for DOS's RE, then switched to Visual SlickEdit, and of course I use UNIX regular expressions regularly (was that repitiously rendant B)). So I have to keep a cheat sheet handy for the different flavors, because old age has made me susceptible to confusion. I can't wait to invent a few uses for GSAK's RE.

On a side note. This may be a GPSBabel behavior. And it's not critical for me, but the Microsoft Streets & Trips export has "Unknown" for the container type field if the cache is of the type Letterbox, Benchmark, Earth, or CITO. The other cache types are correctly identified. As I said, it's no biggie since I use a different icon for each cache type and can readily tell them apart. But other users might be confused by the missing data.

Very low priority request:

I tend to write down the time I have found a cache. There is no convinient place to store this information in GSAK, the User Data field is already in other use. Maybe user defined amout of User data -fields, maybe not.

This is not an important issue, just something to think about.

I tend to write down the time I have found a cache. There is no convinient place to store this information in GSAK, the User Data field is already in other use. Maybe user defined amout of User data -fields, maybe not.

Why not store this in the user notes? You have virtually unlimited space there.

I tend to write down the time I have found a cache. There is no convinient place  to store this information in GSAK, the User Data field is already in other use. Maybe user defined amout of User  data -fields, maybe not.

Alternatively, put the time in your log which GSAK will then hold for you.

(This idea copied from GPXSonar. Used without permission).

This may be a GPSBabel behavior. And it's not critical for me, but the Microsoft Streets & Trips export has "Unknown" for the container type field if the cache is of the type Letterbox, Benchmark, Earth, or CITO. The other cache types are correctly identified. As I said, it's no biggie

My fault.

Poof. Fixed. Remember it'll take a bit for this to perculate through to GSAK.

I tend to write down the time I have found a cache. There is no convinient place  to store this information in GSAK, the User Data field is already in other use. Maybe user defined amout of User  data -fields, maybe not.

you beat me to it Clyde -

I put the time I find a cache in the cache log when I write it up on line --

but I also copy my log into my notes -

Notes for MY caches is all my cache notes -

Notes for found caches contains the cache log.

cc\

With version 5.1.x and before, a export to MS Streets & Trips csv, generated this:

Name,Latitude,Longitude,Name 2,URL,Type
GC101C,41.628483,-83.193183,T Watch out for the bird poop! by Joe & Nicki (1/1),file:\\c:\data\geocaching\html\cache\2953.htm,
GC111B,37.962067,-85.975617,T BRIDGES TO THE PAST by Show Me The Cache (2/3),file:\\c:\data\geocaching\html\cache\468.htm,
GC115C,39.642217,-87.180983,T Blasta from the Pasta by Cisu (1.5/1.5),file:\\c:\data\geocaching\html\cache\304.htm,
GC119D,39.049683,-84.541367,T Falcons Nest by Falcon1 (1.5/1.5),file:\\c:\data\geocaching\html\cache\933.htm,

Now with version 5.5.0 (Build 10), the same export generates this:

Name	Latitude	Longitude	Description	URL	Type	Container	Diff	Terr
GC111B	37.962067	-85.975617	T BRIDGES TO THE PAST by Show Me The Cache (2/3)	file:\\c:\data\geocaching\html\cache\2611.htm	Traditional cache	Regular	2.0	3.0
GC115C	39.642217	-87.180983	T Blasta from the Pasta by Cisu (1.5/1.5)	file:\\c:\data\geocaching\html\cache\1288.htm	Traditional cache	Regular	1.5	1.5
GC119D	39.049683	-84.541367	T Falcons Nest by Falcon1 (1.5/1.5)	file:\\c:\data\geocaching\html\cache\2929.htm	Traditional cache	Regular	1.5	1.5

I don't recall changing any settings or configurations.

Questions:

1. Is there a way to get the comma delimited format back?

2. Is there a configuration that will return heading for the fourth field to 'Name 2'? I realize that I can manually do that when I import the data into S&T, but that is one more thing to change in a process that is already too manual.

GSAK is a great product and I appreciate the new features. However, backwards compatibility to the previous methods would be great for those of us that have add-on processes that use data generated by GSAK. (I'd love to have a way to generate the HTML pages with the waypoint name again.)

Thanks.

I searched for this question but I don't see it.

I load pq's in once a week. I just add them over the old ones. However, if a cache is archived on geocaching.com, I seem to still show it as active, and even try to find them. How do I get the updated Archived status to come over from geocaching.com?

Currently I just erase the entire database and start over with a current pq. Kinda defeats the purpose of building the database.

Oh, maybe it's a geocaching.com question...oops. ;)

2.  Is there a configuration that will return heading for the fourth field to 'Name 2'?  I realize that I can manually do that when I import the data into S&T, but that is one more thing to change in a process that is already too manual.

One alternative is to automate the whole process as described here.