Printing Stickers for Log Books

Green Toad

I've seen quite a few people who have printed stickers to place in log books. Additionally, I've seen that people have created unique items to place in caches which denote the number of caches that they have found. For instance, I recently saw posted on this site that someone had purchased dog tags that they printed with a phrase and had separate numbers on them to show how many caches they had found.

Is there any way to create a sticker on my computer, where I can print it out on my printer where each sticker has a number+1 to denot how many caches that I have found?

I hope I explained this well enough.

-stroh

-Technology...I have no idea what I would do without my GPSr, my TiVo, or my Computer with a DSL connection. I guess I would spend more time with my wife! icon_smile.gif

I don't see any reason you couldn't buy some Avery type labels (http://www.avery.com). These can be found at any old office supply place. They come in anything from 1" circles, to 1.5" x .5" squares, to 8.5" x 11" full sheets (and quite possibly more).

Your standard Microsoft Word knows all about these labels or, if I remember right, Avery may have software at their web site that can help as well.

Hope that helps. Have fun and good luck!

I bought a pack of Avery Mailing Labels at Office Depot that came with Software on CD for free. It has graphics and clip art, I made up a sheet of labels with my avatar and a message, I put it in log books at caches.

Take Care,

Mike

"Deep in the Heart of Jersey"

Well, one way to do it is to create your design in Microsoft Word. You can then insert into your design the field "ListNum". Then copy and paste your design repeatedly and each occurance of ListNum will automatically advance by one. To reset the list to a different starting point simply right click on the first field and select EDIT FIELD and change the starting value.

Then pick up some vinyl sticker paper or bumbersticker paper and then print away ... these papers have the advantage of not running or smearing into other logs when a cache gets damp.

-=-=-=-=-=-

GPS_Brian

=-=-=-=-=-=

quote:
Originally posted by Stroh:

Is there any way to create a sticker on my computer, where I can print it out on my printer where each sticker has a number+1 to denot how many caches that I have found?

Yes, but I'd recommend against it. Some micro cache logs are just too small for most stickers, and it's only a matter of time before you ruin a sticker trying to stick it on. Trying to keep the numbers in sync is going to be major pain. Better to simply put a

CACHE NO. _____

line on the sticker, and fill in the appropriate number.

3608_2800.gif

"Don't mess with a geocacher. We know all the best places to hide a body."

Yea, I've started using stickers as well about a month or two ago. I use the Avery lables, they work out great. They fit the micro logs just perfectly and no problem with the regular cache logs. It also shows more proof that you were there.

Heres mine -->64784_1300.JPG

Its kinda hard to read but it says Memphis, TN and "Been There Done That"

Thats just about actual size too.

If you have Excel and Word - this kind of label is easy to do (actually - you could probably do it just with Word). If you do let me know and I can walk you through the +1 process

=========

"The Road goes ever on and on, out form the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, Let others follow it who can!"

Thanks alot for the advice. As soon as I get a chance I will try to see what I can come up with. If I need anymore help, I definitely know where to get it!

-stroh

-Technology...I have no idea what I would do without my GPSr, my TiVo, or my Computer with a DSL connection. I guess I would spend more time with my wife! icon_smile.gif