Silvermarc's Personal Geocoin...

SilverMarc

Wahhhh..... :mad: My envelope came today....empty!  I'll be sending an e-mail shortly with pictures. Thank God for insurance? -R-

Yes, Robin and I have been in touch about that.

If anyone has any extras I'd like to replace hers and I'll give you back a refund - I've actually run quite low and only have the ones I intend to keep (I planned to have more, but I've been trading for other coins myself now that I've got the bug...)

I'm sure we'll scrounge up a coin for Robin, and I checked with the mint about another run, but I don't want to dilute the Edition if I don't have to - I'd rather design a new coin for next year.

--Marc

August 23, 2005 @ 4:30 PM

N40° 46.565' W073° 58.756'

Very nice coin Silvermark!! I usually use airtights with rings...but on yours it looks better to use one without the ring  :mad:

I didn't want to make the coin any more pricey than I had to - anyone can buy their own presentation container and I didn't want to lock people in to yet another little charge - they keep adding up.

But I agree that it's cool to see the reeded edge. There's something quite nice about a real coin!

Glad everyone's pleased so far, it makes it much easier, especially since I never dealt with minting coins before either so I had to put a lot of faith in the mint people. Once I spoke to the guy who was actually doing the metal work, I realized how much they knew and didn't worry.

--Marc

August 23, 2005 @ 4:37 PM

Very nice coin Silvermark!! I usually use airtights with rings...but on yours it looks better to use one without the ring  :mad:

I didn't want to make the coin any more pricey than I had to - anyone can buy their own presentation container and I didn't want to lock people in to yet another little charge - they keep adding up.

But I agree that it's cool to see the reeded edge. There's something quite nice about a real coin!

Glad everyone's pleased so far, it makes it much easier, especially since I never dealt with minting coins before either so I had to put a lot of faith in the mint people. Once I spoke to the guy who was actually doing the metal work, I realized how much they knew and didn't worry.

--Marc

August 23, 2005 @ 4:37 PM

Unless the coin is the type that tarnishes, I like to be able to see the reeded edge and feel the actual coin. There's something, I don't know, solid about the feel of the metal. There does seem to be a large contingent of the epoxy-covered coins though, which look nice but don't have that nice feel to them. Of course a coin locked in a plastic container doesn't either :mad:

I am anxiously awaiting my trading partner's receipt of your coin :mad:

Yes, Robin and I have been in touch about that.

If anyone has any extras I'd like to replace hers and I'll give you back a refund - I've actually run quite low and only have the ones I intend to keep (I planned to have more, but I've been trading for other coins myself now that I've got the bug...)

I'm sure we'll scrounge up a coin for Robin...

I ordered two extras.

I checked to see if LittleBlue wanted one (I'm her usual 'supplier'), and she does...so I have one.

If Robin wants to supply me her address, I'll get it in the mail tomorrow...unless someone she knows is coming to the Wet Side and wants to take it to her.

Let me know.

Edited by Allanon
If Robin wants to supply me her address, I'll get it in the mail tomorrow...unless someone she knows is coming to the Wet Side and wants to take it to her.

Let me know.

Since Robin is a participant in this forum, I'll let her make contact with you, and she can negotiate for the coins that "the unfairness of the universe" (to quote your quote!) prevented her from receiving.

Thanks to all who step in to help her out, what comes around goes around, as they say!

Once she's dealt with getting her 3 coins, I'll send refunds to her three "alternate suppliers".

Thanks again!

--Marc

August 24, 2005 @ 11:31 AM

Oh my gosh, <_< I saw the responses yesterday both here and in my e-mail and honestly, I have been so moved by all the kindness, I had to take a day to compose a response back. I am tearing up now thinking of it. You all are incredible. Since I was looking for extras to trade with, it seems ungrateful (and ballsy) to take more than 1. I will be more than happy with that single coin since it signifies all that is right with our caching community.

Marc, do not worry about the refund. The price paid for this show of compassion is worth every penny, if not more. :unsure:

I will e-mail the first person who responded to directly to me before I even knew there was this grassroots effort to replace my coins.

I thank you all for your generosity, you have touched my heart.

Robin

Hey Robin!

I'm glad things are working out for the best!

Please let me know who you finally get your coin(s) from and I will certainly get them a refund, and yours too.

I will likely have to do them by check - PayPal's refund is only good for 60 days and some people paid more than that many days ago. Boy, it's been a long process, eh?

--Marc

August 24, 2005 @ 6:14 PM

Great looking coins arrived in Fairbanks yesterday!!!

Way understand the length of the process since the production method used was the same as what was used for the Alaska geocoins.

They were sent 4 months ago.

Were the sled dogs tired?

--Marc

August 25, 2005 @ 4:17 PM

:rolleyes:  Still waiting for my 10!! And I live in Michigan.

They all went out last week to the addresses in the PayPal emails, and all US destinations were insured and listed for arrival on Monday/Tuesday.

--Marc

August 26, 2005 @ 12:25 PM

I'm hoping you mean Mon/Tues 8/29-30?? :P

A note about Mailing and Insurance: Almost all coin packages were mailed out by Friday August 19th, a few went out on Saturday, August 20th. All were mailed directly from the post office counter via 1st Class Mail and each was insured.

Each receipt for the Insurance indicated an expected delivery date of Monday August 22nd, or Tuesday August 23rd. As of today, two people have informed me that no package has yet arrived, and one person received a ripped open package with no coins.

If there is anyone else who hasn't received their package yet, please email me and I'll confirm the address I used to ship yours (it would be the shipping address from your PayPal account).

I was surprised to find out from the post office today that Insurance Claims are made not by me (as I thought), but by the recipient who didn't receive their package, or received it damaged. I will scan and email the Insurance Slip and the Postage Receipt to anyone who asks me for it if your coins do not arrive. You will also have to provide to the post office your PayPal Receipt showing the amount you paid for the item that was insured.

I'm hoping that all the packages arrive at their destinations, but I'm not entirely surprised that some haven't so far. Let's give it a few more days and see if the errant ones show up.

And, out of curiosity, has anyone else failed to receive their coins?

--Marc

August 27, 2005 @ 12:46 AM

Good News! My comment yesterday must have chivvied along the postman - my coin arrived here in the UK this morning all safe and sound.

If anyone has -not- received the coin(s) you ordered as of today, September 1, 2005, could you please email me and let me know. I'm ready to put this project to rest!

Thanks.

--Marc

September 1, 2005 @ 11:55 AM