Cache Of The Dead Bum

GPS_David

Cool. Let me know. I went to Modells tonight to see if they had anything would be sea worthy enough but the one by me is small and doesn't sell any canoes/rafts..etc.

Do you know a place where you can rent one? Otherwise, I may check out a few places to see if there is anything rugged yet inexpensive.

Anyone else?

Dave

Edited to change see to sea.

Edited to say "Anyone else?"

Edited by GPS_DAVE_11735

I picked up a 9' Sevylor raft on Saturday for $70, I tried it out, then took my son out for a while on the water, it seemed durable but they say 5 people can fit in the boat.... I think 2 people would be a stretch.

I'm thinking about picking up a kyack as it might be easier to "stow and go". I'm going to be out of commission next Wednesday thru Saturday so I really want to get Cache Of the Dead Bum done this weekend.. looking forward to it.

Dave

So, are you going or did you go yet? I've been wanting to bag this one too. I may be in if you go on Sunday afternoon.

Zarah,

I went down to the preserve, inflated the boat and was off and rowing at around 1pm this afternoon. As I got to the island, I realized I left my gps in the Vanr B)

After walking towards the NE side of the island I found it right out in the open and rescued "Peck The Dead Chicken TB".

It took a total of 15-20 minutes (estimated) and it was a bit windy and the water was rougher than it was last weekend when I tested out my raft. I was hoping to get a few people to do this at the same time but there wasn't too much interest. I figured, what the heck and just did it anyway. It was for my 50th and I found all caches within 5 miles of my house. I'm hoping to do a few more today as I'm close to doing all caches within 6 miles of my house.

What do I do for my 100th cache? anyone?

Dave

Edited by GPS_DAVE_11735