Slowest Ftf?

stora

Cant be assed to drive through the Mersey tunnel, and accross Liverpool to grab it.... but Ive been sore tempted..... just not enough besides, after sitting here and looking at it for two days, I just know that the moment I decide to go for it, someone ese will log it 5 min after I leave the house.

Cant be assed to drive through the Mersey tunnel, and accross Liverpool to grab it.... but Ive been sore tempted..... just not enough besides, after sitting here and looking at it for two days, I just know that the moment I decide to go for it, someone ese will log it 5 min after I leave the house.

I'm on the right side of the tunnel, but like you I thought it would have been grabbed by now.

On the subject of FTF's GCN6J7, UK Travel Bug Retirement Home, is a home for ageing TB's and as such doesn't exist so it says on the log page that it cannot be "found", consequently it is always going to show up as a virgin cache. Wouldn't it be an idea for 1 person (maybe the cache owner) to log 1 find against it to stop it keep appearing?

Or maybe as it was my idea I could log it and get another FTF :rolleyes:

A search on GeocacheUK for caches found less than once gives 54 results (I would have thought there'd be more than that?). The first of three pages, sorted by most recently placed first, is here. The oldest of those 54 was placed on 5th August 2001.

...and a fair proportion of those are upcoming event caches too.

Some great spots in amongst those tho' - particularly liked the 'puffins' one.

BBC news yesterday...

"A shoe thought to be at least 2,000 years old, and the oldest in the UK, has been dug up at an English quarry. The Iron Age relic was found in a hollowed tree trunk at Whiteball Quarry, near Wellington, Somerset. The reason for its presence in the well or spring is a mystery."

Obviously the shoe TB was the only thing to survive as ammo boxes in those days would be a goatskin quiver or similar. Now thats a slow FTF :D