Alaska Geocoin Ordering Information

Ladybug Kids

oooohhhhhhhhhhhhh, these are neat, lk!!!!!!!!!!

any plans to visit the folks, and maybe drop some of those purty coins in caches around here???

Long time no hear from, Denali7! We hid a cache just outside Denali this weekend.

Will make our next trip back east most likely in Spring 2006 and will bring a few coins with us. Will definitely place at least one in the Seward's Folly cache that we share with Ziggy Crew. We've never seen the final cache placement, so it will be fun to go find it.

Are you planning on coming down to AnchorTown if NorthWes arranges an event? If so, you might be able to save on the shipping & distribution for a few of us that don't mind waiting a couple extra days.

MamaMouse

Yup...will have an Anchorage coin distribution event once we get the coins all sorted out. Will do the same in Valdez and Fairbanks. That's why we didn't add postage into the coin payments for Anchorage, Valdez and Fairbanks. My next Anchorage trip is July 12, so hopefully coins will be in the mail to the rest of America by then and we can begin in-state distribution.

Will make our next trip back east most likely in Spring 2006 and will bring a few coins with us. Will definitely place at least one in the Seward's Folly cache that we share with Ziggy Crew. We've never seen the final cache placement, so it will be fun to go find it.

great, thanks!!! :D

Picked up all the silver and about half the brass coins from the Alaska Mint today. Airport security sure had fun dealing with all the boxes containing objects they couldn't see through.

Will first sort out the coins needed for the Fairbanks, Valdez, and Anchorage Event Caches being held on July 10, 11, and 12, respectively. Then will begin packaging and mailing the coins in the order that orders were received, with coins starting to go out in the mail on July 8 and 9. The balance of the brass coins should be available on July 12, so the sorting and mailing process will continue throughout next week. Hope to have all coins distributed or in the mail by Saturday, July 16, so I can enjoy the rest of the short Alaskan summer!

Will add a column to the order list to indicate date shipped so you know when your coins went into the mail.

Edited by Ladybug Kids

All brass coins provided to date by the mint have been sorted and packaged for the upcoming Fairbanks, Valdez and Anchorage Coin Distribution Cache Events on July 10, 11, and 12, respectively, or mailed out. Distribution priority was given to Alaskans and then by order of initial expression of interest/order placement. RLTW helped prepare the mailing materials for the next batch of coins that we will begin packaging after I return from Anchorage with what I hope will be all the remaining brass coins on July 12.  

Click here for distribution date information to see if your coins made it out in today's mail.

Thanks for all the positive and public feedback ;).

I will continue to post progress updates on the Alaska Geocoin Webpage.

Ooops...inadvertently packaged and mailed off brass coin #218. Meant to hang onto it since that's the birthday of one of the junior Ladybug Kids. Will be happy to pay return postage and trade #218 for a lower numbered coin if one of you out there gets it. In advance, thanks for your help!!!

Got mine today, I saw a silver and bronze on Saturday at the AK C&D race and decided that since I would be getting the ones I ordered soon I would leave them for someone else.

I was also pleasently supprized to find a second envelope with my new CO coins too.

Merry Christmeas to me.

Thankyou Ladybug Kids

Got my coins today. I have to say that I am very impressed with the look and feel of these beauties. I had planned on leaving the silver as a ftf prize on a new cache, but after seeing it....well, it ain't goin nowhere but in my swagbag.

Thanks again for all the effort on these gems!!

got them here in St Paul, Minnesota today too.

Excellent coins, the detail is very fine. I believe the closest coin that can be compared to it would be the greenman one, but even that isn't a fair comparison.

Lol, the pioneer not only has a shovel, but a pickaxe too! Wonder what kinda cache he's lookin for :lol: Probably the precious metal kind...

I'm a little confused...I just found out that others in Idaho have already recieved there coins so I looked to see if mine have been shipped yet only to NOT find my name on the list at all...could someone fill me in on what's going on...

I assume it means there are an awfull large number of coins to package up and mail and that it's getting done in batches.

Patience.... they will come.

Hmm....not sure why some people didn't see their names earlier and now they are there. I haven't changed the webpages for a few days.

I just got back from a trip that got me weathered out of and then weathered into Valdez, two caching events, two days of working for a living, etc., so coin packing hasn't happened since Saturday (plus, we just didn't have any more brass coins to pack).

The really good news is that I just dragged the last 700 brass coins through airport security tonight, so packing will resume on Wednesday with the goal of being done by the end of the week. I will update the coin cache pages each evening as coins ship.

Follow-up response has been so great that we will probably order another limited run of coins from the mint. It will take me some time to catch up on all the requests for additional coins. If you want more coins or want to place a new order, please e-mail us with desired quanitities (silver and/or brass) and your mailing address so we can stay ahead on the database management. Keep watching this tread and/or the Alaska Geocoin Webpage for updates.

Now it's time for some sleep...it's 1:50 a.m and I'm both exhilarated from meeting so many neat people all across Alaska during three consecutive coin distribution event caches and whipped from averaging four hours of sleep per night during the past week.

Thanks for all the kind and supportive feedback. B)

Edited by Ladybug Kids
I'm a little confused...I just found out that others in Idaho have already recieved there coins so I looked to see if mine have been shipped yet only to NOT find my name on the list at all...could someone fill me in on what's going on...

I see that hydnseek and idtimberwolf are both on the list now!!

They've both been on the list the whole time just not listed as having coins shipped. If I remember correctly Ladybug Kids is trying to ship in the order that the orders were received not by any geographical grouping cept for the distribution events.

edit:learn to proof read

Edited by LandRover
If I remember correctly Ladybug Kids is trying to ship in the order that the orders were received not by any geographical grouping cept for the distribution events.

Thanks, Landrover, for saying in one succinct sentence what I was trying to explain above! There will be some variation in the exact order things go out because our cats had a field day (night?) knocking the envelop stacks to the floor and batting them around.

The last of the distribution events was last night and some cachers are coming over tonight to help stuff envelops. The envelops are already labeled and the insurance slips complete, so it should be quick work over the next two-three evenings. The job will definitely be completed by Saturday!

Thanks, Landrover, for saying in one succinct sentence what I was trying to explain above! There will be some variation in the exact order things go out because our cats had a field day (night?) knocking the envelop stacks to the floor and batting them around. Figure cachers would be more interested in us just stuffing envelops as fast and accurately as we can than putting the envelops back in order.

The last of the distribution events was last night and at least one cacher is coming over tonight to help stuff envelops. The envelops are already labeled and the insurance slips complete, so it should be quick work over the next two-three evenings. The job will definitely be completed by Saturday!

Don't forget to log your coins at Alaska Geocoin Tracking Website when you receive them. At the request of the coin collectors we did not prelog them based on the shipping ZIP code, but the Alaskan geocachers would like to see the cool maps light up with yellow dots as the coins are distributed. The tracking url and coin numbers are stamped on the edge of the coin. The url is also on the plastic baggies provided with each of the brass coins. Some shipments didn't get the baggies (QA slip), so if you want some, drop me a PM or e-mail and I'll mail them to you.

Edited by Ladybug Kids

You aren't alone. I was one of the first to place an order, but I also didn't specifiy a number. The order ended up being one of the largest but...it was also a ? for a long time.

I didn't know the coins were going to be numberd so... If I have to get stuck with a number and I'ts not #1 I'd rather have the last numbers of the Brass and Silver and get my coins last. B)

What LandRover and Right Wing Wacko said!

And...

Cachers shouldn't use the Northwest forum thread to determine their order of coin number or shipping. Many people ordered coins via PM or direct e-mail and for awhile there was a paralled thread in the Travel Bug forum, so the Northwes forum doesn't come close to depicting the complete list. The forum thread will give you a relative position, but not an absolute position. I collated the forum posts, PMs and e-mails based on receipt time (and even corrected for the time zone differences) before generating the ordered list.

Cachers having the same shipping date in the same region most likely will experience different delivery dates if their order sizes are different. Orders less than 12 ounces are being shipped First Class Mail and the postage each cacher was charged was based on the exact weight of the envelop. Orders larger than 12 ounces are being shipped out Priority Mail flat rate envelop because that was the cheapest option for orders of that size. The Priority Mail shipments will probably beat the First Class mail shipments in most cases by 2-3 days. This approach was used to keep shipping costs as low as possible.

We mailed every last coin we had in our possession as of last Friday after pulling the coins for regional Alaskan event caches which occured July 10-12. We now have the balance of the coins and will be able to complete all orders this week except for those on the waiting list.

We'll work more on shipping coins after spending some time working for a living!

Edited by Ladybug Kids

With RLTW's help and a marathon session that lasted until almost midnight, ALL remaining coin orders are packaged and ready for the trip to the post office on Thursday, July 14, if I can slip away from work for an hour or two. Many thanks to a great cacher and friend!

An update on whether the mass mailing occured will be posted late Thursday. Please check your order and make sure we got it right when your coins arrive. With more than 250 envelops to stuff, I worry we made a mistake or two. If you have a question, don't hesitate to e-mail the Ladybug Kids through our geocaching profile or the e-mail listed on the coins' webpage.

I will turn my attention to the waiting list on Thursday night, so if you've requested coins during the past few days, please keep checking this thread or the coins' web page for updates.

All silver and brass Alaska geocoins that have been paid for went out this morning. The Priority Mail envelops (>12 ounces) will probably start showing up on Saturday or Monday and the regular First Class envelops should show up beginning in five to seven days.

I'm still holding a few coins for those who asked for coins in the past few weeks, but payment hasn't been received yet. I will change the Missing In Action web page to a more appropriately named "Unpaid" page.

As stated earlier, the Alaska Mint will do a second run of silver and/or brass coins for cachers who want more coins if we get orders for more than 25 silver or 100 brass coins. I will take new orders via e-mail or PM through Sunday, July 24 and then bring this project to a close. Orders placed in this thread or the new one that just started in the Travel Bug forum will not be accepted.

To order, follow the instruction in Step 2 of the 2005 Alaska Geocoin Ordering Page.. Don't send payment until you hear from me so you know how much to pay for postage and insurance.

Edited by Ladybug Kids

:lol::);) I just received mine today at work. :lol::rolleyes::D They are beautiful!!! Thanks for all of your hard work, patience, and dedication to this project. I love the way the silver coin is not only in a hard plastic case but inside a hard velvet case too. Nice touch for the silver. I don't have the elusive #218 and I am guessing the cache is the box between the legs of the shack. :D I used our microscope and searched both sides and that is the only thing that looks like a cache...well there is a square in the middle of the trees, and there is a funny looking plant in front of the geocacher...but other than those...am I close?

Thanks again

WA Red Bear

Woot! got my 5 today. Beauties they are. Do appreciate all the hard work that went into producing and distributing these coins. Thanks. No 218 coin sorry. got a nice #102 :rolleyes: coolio.

happy hunting all.

btw.. is the cache in the log the miner is standing on?

Edited by cooperdog