It's Not An Anorak, It's A Travel Bug Race.

Alibags

grumble grumble grumble... you get a request to move a topic and as soon as you do.... :ph34r:

As the TBs will be travelling through other contries (if they EVER move!), I think this is now the most appropriate place for the discussion. At the moment, the wild and frenetic speed of the race is just taking my breath away! :D

I will be travelling to Townsville next Wednesday (18/05/2005) from Perth and returning the following Monday(23/05/2005). If the bugs are still there how many do you want me to attempt to move?

Perth at least is a bigger city but they may still take a while to move. Waiting for a ride down the East coast may be a better option.

Also a shorter shift to Cairns closer to the International tourist may also be an option. I won't be able to make it up to Carins in the time I am there.

If you want me to do nothing at all let me know.

I am sure people will be delighted if their bugs move, so take as many as you would like to. Of course, you should really just take mine and leave all the others behind ! :laughing: The purpose of TBs is to travel, so be my guest, and thanks for the offer. I think we are all dying of disappointment watching this very slow non-race so far! :unsure:

I thought I'd let you all know that my TB HAS indeed moved!

Only 0.3629cm and that was probably due to a passing animal getting too close to the cache. Come to think about it, it's probably the only thing that's been near the cache since April 13 (not of course including the daring intrepid GeoCacher - Bob.

:unsure:

Which cachers didn't get the memo that the race had started?

It looks like none of the Queensland cachers got the memo.

Some of the bugs have been picked up, and are en-route to an event cache next week. Hopefully, there'll be some more movement as the holiday season picks up.

Townsville is in the dry tropics. The winter months are peak tourist season as people flee the cold south. Warm dry temperatures 14 degree celsius(58f) to 24 degress celsius(78F) average for winter. More chance of movement in the winter months.

Two things:

Firstly: Yaay! I'm in the lead!

Secondly: I'm in the lead because 41.9 miles have been added when the TB was picked up. How does this work? I thought that miles were added when the bug was dropped off in the next cache - where have these miles come from?