Hold Level

pwcorg

I searched for keywords and didn't come up with anything so here goes. I have a vista and, sometimes, at low speed, the compus is very eratic. It will literally spin back and forth as much as 45 degrees. Almost always at low speed (walking) it will display "hold level" I hold it as level as possible without carrying around an actual level. I know walking is when the electronic compus takes over from the GPS based direction. My question is really is that just the nature of the beast? Should I just turn the compus off and work strictly off GPS?

I searched for keywords and didn't come up with anything so here goes. I have a vista and, sometimes, at low speed, the compus is very eratic. It will literally spin back and forth as much as 45 degrees. Almost always at low speed (walking) it will display "hold level" I hold it as level as possible without carrying around an actual level. I know walking is when the electronic compus takes over from the GPS based direction. My question is really is that just the nature of the beast? Should I just turn the compus off and work strictly off GPS?

What raouljan said. Recalibrate. You should do that every time you replace the batteries.

Should I just turn the compus off and work strictly off GPS?

Does the vista change back and forth at a certain speed? (averaging vs not, or something??)

Yes, it changes back and forth at a user defined speed. (for instance under 10 mph for 90 seconds) I will try and recalibrate. Thanks all.