Garmin Gps60cs Firmware Update V3.80 Available

Garmin has announced that firmware version 3.80 is now available for the GPSMAP 60CS.

You can download the new firmware from Garmin's website by clicking here.

Changes made from version 3.70 to 3.80:

• Corrected intermittent USB data transfer.
  • Corrected 'Recalculate' option for 'Off Road' navigation.

Edited by 60CS_Cacher

RE: "nothing about fixing the problem with the WAAS search for satellites" - step 1 is admitting there is a problem, which Garmin does not. They have stated this WAAS search behavior is by intent. Therefore we cannot expect a "fix" from Garmin unless enough individuals contact them to complain. I'm sticking to 3.61.

I had contacted Garmin about a different bug (navigating through the menus a particular way caused the unit to hang) and they just e-mailed me to say that 3.80 fixes that too. I'm away from my Garmin data cable for now, but I'll test it asap. But in any case, this would suggest that more problems have been fixed than just the two mentioned in the release notes.

Anyone else having a GSAK downloading problem since installing 3.80? Connection is good since I can still up and download to/from Mapsource, but I got a message that there was no connection from GSAK immediately after downloading 3.80.

I loaded from GSAK to GPS and GPS to GSAK just fine with 3.80.... :rolleyes:

Edited by hardwire
I seem to be getting waas pretty easy now....I was caching today and moving and still had a few D's.......

I have to agree. I went into the back yard after the 3.8 update and locked onto was within 30 seconds. I was impressed. Took it out this morning for my drive to work and while driving it took about a minute to lock onto birds. (I don't always stay still when I turn my unit on ;) )

So far, so good with the update...

Now if I can only get my 301 back from Raytech, <- another story (mutter, mutter)

I never had any problems with 3.6, but as I always like using the bleeding edge stuff I updated to 3.7. It locked up on me several times a day. Just when I was about to bite the bullet and go back to 3.6, 3.8 came out. I went caching today and it worked flawlessly! Thanks Garmin!

Previous reports of firmware version 3.70 showing that the tracklog recording mechanism is so simplified when the car turns at the 90 degree street corner.

Is the version 3.80 fixed this problem?  :rolleyes:

Make sure your not in battery save mode, and also that the Tracklog recording intverval is set to MORE OFTEN, instead of NORMAL

Edited for spelling

Edited by GOT GPS?
Previous reports of firmware version 3.70 showing that the tracklog recording mechanism is so simplified when the car turns at the 90 degree street corner.

Is the version 3.80 fixed this problem?  :o

Make sure your not in battery save mode, and also that the Tracklog recording intverval is set to MORE OFTEN, instead of NORMAL

Edited for spelling

Ah, s***e, I should have thought of that. Thanks for the tip.

I had contacted Garmin about a different bug (navigating through the menus a particular way caused the unit to hang) and they just e-mailed me to say that 3.80 fixes that too. I'm away from my Garmin data cable for now, but I'll test it asap. But in any case, this would suggest that more problems have been fixed than just the two mentioned in the release notes.

Just checked, and this problem isn't fixed, despite what Garmin said. :(