What's differcult?

Guest RXQ

Besides my spelling.

I am planning to place a cache in NH when the snow melt: that should be some time in July. I have been looking at the cache listed and notice that they are one or two stars. The are placed not far from a trail. I had yet to see a listing that's difficult.(4 to 5 stars). So what is considered differcult and are there listing of 4 stars?.

Thanks.

[This message has been edited by RXQ (edited 03-26-2001).]

Guest 300mag

Hello RXQ. For rating a cache a 5 you would need mountain climbing equipment(they say).This would be the extremme difficult cache.So if not take in consideration these> Rate the land if it is a easy walk or are there lots of steep hills.Are there any creeks or swamps to cross?I also include cover(folliage in my ratings this plays a bit when you have trouble getting a decent lock on sats.The distance to the cache.I have the same problem (snow) so i can't really post some caches they'd be very long snow-shoe walks.I tried to get the same level of difficulty in my cache for summer or winter and accessibility.Now there's lot's of snow but no folliage.So to compensate this summer the leaves will even out the difficulty of the cache.(hopefully) icon_smile.gifIt is also hard to judge a cache some people might find a average walk harder than others.Do you're best and if it seem's not rated right you'll ear about it icon_smile.gif

Guest 300mag

Hello RXQ. For rating a cache a 5 you would need mountain climbing equipment(they say).This would be the extremme difficult cache.So if not take in consideration these> Rate the land if it is a easy walk or are there lots of steep hills.Are there any creeks or swamps to cross?I also include cover(folliage in my ratings this plays a bit when you have trouble getting a decent lock on sats.The distance to the cache.I have the same problem (snow) so i can't really post some caches they'd be very long snow-shoe walks.I tried to get the same level of difficulty in my cache for summer or winter and accessibility.Now there's lot's of snow but no folliage.So to compensate this summer the leaves will even out the difficulty of the cache.(hopefully) icon_smile.gifIt is also hard to judge a cache some people might find a average walk harder than others.Do you're best and if it seem's not rated right you'll ear about it icon_smile.gif