Looking For Tb Suggestions

Eric K

I want to release a few Travel bugs but want some ideas to make them interesting.

I've done a couple that worked out well where they kept morphing along the way.

I've seen another good idea I like where the TB is a parasite and has to travel with other TB's.

This is one of my favorites I've seen

Borg TB

Any ideas?

I had an idea to add a small bag to my travel bug, so that it can pick up things like coins or stamps on it's journey to bring back home.

Another idea I had was to make several travel bus into one. What you do is get say a space man with a rocket ship, or a cowboy with a horse. You make the rider a TB and the ride another TB. Release them seperatly and see what happens. I think, with some work, this could turn out well. Especially if you add a story to it.

Hope this helps get the creative juices going. I think interesting Travel Bugs are the best.

The HAM radio club I belong to has a traveling item called "V_ger". You have to solder a new piece to it and move it on surrepticiously to a different member.

The item to be added is supposed to have some functionality (like soldering a personal fan to the item.)

That would be a cool, though soon too big to move TB.

Another idea I had was to make several travel bus into one. What you do is get say a space man with a rocket ship, or a cowboy with a horse. You make the rider a TB and the ride another TB. Release them seperatly and see what happens. I think, with some work, this could turn out well. Especially if you add a story to it.

I've done this with some limited success.

See My 1850's Jake Travel Bug and all the linked and related Tb's

At a minimum I like a bug that encourages people to do some sort of activity without having to go too far out of their way. The 'Take a Bug To Work' is a good idea. Ones like taking a bug to a bar are okay but it doesn't seem like it happens as often as simply being moved from cache to cache.

My son has one that asks people to post the mascot of their elementary school. It's nothing monumental, but it'll get better responses than 'Will move along soon.'

At the risk of blowing my own horn, I'm partial to my series of Alphabet Bugs myself. There are 26, although only 10 have been released, and each corresponds to a letter of the alphabet. Each one's mission is to be photographed with things that start with it's letter. People have come up with some great photos of things that I wouldn't have expected, which was the idea.

Edited by danook