"click Icon To Download" On Print-friendly?

Cymbaline

This is a minor nit.

Does the "Click icon to download" section really need to be on the print-friendly version of the cache page?

For that matter, does the "Click to temporarily disable" need to be on the print-friendly version as well?

I'd say no to both... just my two cents..

This is a minor nit.

Does the "Click icon to download" section really need to be on the print-friendly version of the cache page?

For that matter, does the "Click to temporarily disable" need to be on the print-friendly version as well?

I'd say no to both... just my two cents..

Caches you want to print are probably also caches you want to load into your GPS, so it makes sense to me to have the link there. It saves having to go back to the standard page.

I've never noticed the "disable" link. That should only show up on caches you own.

Caches you want to print are probably also caches you want to load into your GPS, so it makes sense to me to have the link there. It saves having to go back to the standard page.

While I don't disagree with your logic, there is no icon for you to click on that page (check with IE and Firefox). So either it's not adding the GPX file like it's supposed to be OR, the "Click icon to download" shouldn't be there.

I've never noticed the "disable" link. That should only show up on caches you own.

I'm just saying that since one has to purposely select the "print-friendly" version from the cache page, it doesn't do any good to have those links there at all for printing purposes.

You are correct, however - the "Disable" link is only on those caches you own.

To rephrase my point: Why are there links/link instructions on a page I've specifically requested for printing purposes?"

This seems to be a more recent development. I don't remember either of them being there in the past.

I don't remember if or when it changed, but I acknowledge that it is silly. The cache details page was the first page of the site that was created in the new code base and needs a thorough overhaul (which I'm working on right now). The overhaul will help to address many of the server issues since that page is the most popular on the web site (and the biggest drain on the database). The weird bits will be gone during the change.