Caching Washington/oregon With Kids

BooBooBee

Alrighty, I KNOW people do this kind of thing all the time. (I've answered questions like this so many times in a variety of other forums that I've taken to saving my responses so I don't have to compose them anew every time.) But I'm gonna do it anyway, 'cause I REALLY want to know!

Besides, your own Seth TOLD me to post the following here! :yikes:

I've started with the BOOKMARKED caches (pinned to the top of this forum board), but I'm hoping for some personalized feedback too. (E-mail is just fine with me, though I'll also be checking back here, of course.)

My girls (ages 2 and 4) and I will be caching our way up past your neck of

the woods late next month and into June. I'd like to make some choice cache

stops along the way. I'm not into parking lot micros and the girls can only

hike about 2 miles each way. So that limits our caching ability.

We're looking for some particularly remarkable caches (remarkable locations, that is) along the way. Got any you'd like to share?

Our route is Seaview - US 101 to Aberdeen - SR 8 to 101 to I5 to Ruston to

Vashon Island - ferry to Seattle to I-5 to SR 20 to Sedro-Woolley. Give or

take! :laughing:

We'll also be heading south from Sedro-Woolley to our home in Santa Barbara County, California, though we've not selected ANY route...so we're WIDE open to suggestion for our journey home (including any thoughts on Oregon).

Sure would appreciate some insight! :unsure:

Thanks heaps!

I'll repost my earlier e-mail here:

For the SW Washington leg of the trip

Room with a View (GC74C3) in Long Beach is a must do. Best view in Long Beach

Calling all Bruces (GCH6NX) between Raymond and Long Beach simply because there's nothing else for miles and it's a quick leg stretcher stop

Joe Krupa wayside (GC4352) is another quickie cache in Raymond just to stretch your legs

Half Moon Cache (GC1221) of course if you have a few hours

The Aberdeen caches are all very good but there are a lot of evil micros that don't fit the request. Short hike with excellent view I See Dead Trees (GCJ8TP). The Ugly Duckling (GCH9E1) is a nice little hike doable for young'uns.

If they're taking the cut off to Hwy 12 and skipping Aberdeen; Preacher (GCJ5Q3) is a very short hike to stop at

Booking through Elma (GCJAGW) has a great playground that the kids would love at the first stop. (2nd stop is cache)

Room with a View (GC74C3) in Long Beach is a must do. Best view in Long Beach

OH! Yeah...I loved that one. That's the first Washington cache I took my mom on (and the first real rural one we've done with here...she never was much of a hiker, but she enjoyed this trek). It was the perfect example of why we cache...GREAT views off the beaten path doable for the entire family. (Even the 2-year-old walked that one.)

Thanks for all of your input, Stump! :laughing:

For the SW Washington leg of the trip:

Short hike with excellent view I See Dead Trees (GCJ8TP). The Ugly Duckling (GCH9E1) is a nice little hike doable for young'uns. 

I See Dead Trees is not really appropriate for a two year old, is it?

I have been glad, more than once, that I didn't have my 5.5yo with me on the trip down.... Now, she IS particularly clutsy, but still. No. Absolutely not.

If the weather is good, do not miss the chance to do CurmudgeonlyCache. Your 4yo will find it rather easy, but you may have to help the 2yo over the two dammed up spots (easy to do). It's a great walk along the shoreline.