Quickest Ftf?

On Sunday we placed a cache (our second). We submitted the page at 6:30 pm and came back to check on progress after tea at 7:30 pm.

We were amazed! ;) Not only had the cache been approved (many thanks to Eckington), it had been found and logged!! :unsure:

Is this certainly the quickest FTF we have seen locally (well done to the Barker Boys), do you know of any quicker?

I placed my first cache on 2nd March 2005. I actually filled in the online form at lunchtime, thinking I could place the cache before it was approved, on my way home from work. "Unfortunately" the cache was approved within an hour! This meant I had to race to the cache site and placed it at 16:50.

The "dreaded" :) Snerdbe was the first to find (of course) and found it at 02:35am! But looking at their log, they were planning on doing it just after 4pm, when it hadn't been there!!! :)

In future, I will make sure I place the cache BEFORE logging it online. Even if the paint is still wet :):lol::lol:

Edited by nediam

I woke up on SUnday morning at 5am, and just thought I'd check for new caches to discover that Jo & Andrew had placed a new one only about 8 miles away.

Obviously, it was still dark, but I went out for it as soon as it got light, and was home and logging the FTF by 7am...

I suspect that it must have been approved late on the evening before - even Ecks and Lacto don't start work that early, do they?

Bob Aldridge

In future, I will make sure I place the cache BEFORE logging it online. Even if the paint is still wet :lol::):)

It's a common problem. More than once I've gone out to look for a new cache and failed to find it because it was never there in the first place.

Maybe the cache form should have a box to tick for "cache phyisicaly present" enabling the reviewers to take a look at the cache but not actually activate it until the box has been placed.

-

slythsign.jpg

In future, I will make sure I place the cache BEFORE logging it online. Even if the paint is still wet  :lol:  :)  :)

It's a common problem. More than once I've gone out to look for a new cache and failed to find it because it was never there in the first place.

Maybe the cache form should have a box to tick for "cache phyisicaly present" enabling the reviewers to take a look at the cache but not actually activate it until the box has been placed.

-

slythsign.jpg

Alex - spooky sign.

The only way we can get a FTF is if it comes live at the weekend any that come live during the week are FTF'd before we could even get out.

Our next releases will be set live at weekends so that a race can develop when most people are off work.

At the moment a weekday cache can be found the next day around here, but a cache that comes live on say, saturday night will be found before 6am Sunday.

In future, I will make sure I place the cache BEFORE logging it online. Even if the paint is still wet  :lol:  :)  :)

-

slythsign.jpg

Alex - spooky sign.

EEEEk,the message rotates - better not let Eckington see that!

An hour is pretty good from being approved to being logged as found, especially if the finder doesnt log the find in the field, and have tp get home

I cant comment on the time it takes to get approved, maybe Eckington gives priority service to your area :)

About two hours is norm around cheshire, but if you dont get out the house within 30 inutes of it going live then there is a strong chance you are too late.

Two caches did go live 8pm last sat and remained unclaimed for 12 hours which is dadgum near a record., especially for a Sat evening.

The easiest way to keep a cache safe from being found here in Cheshire is either

1) Putting it out when ARRKS have swimming lessons

Anything approved during the week in Cheshire, is a dead cert for an aRRKS FTF...

Edited by mattwaggie

I think aRRKS are slowing down a little these days, they have been known to go to bed and expect the cache to be unfound by the time they get up at 5am.

I think aRRKS domination has come to and end, there are quite a few in grabbers in the NW now, and if you are not quick off the mark, then it will be gone.

rjl194 have also been known to be quick off the mark when grabbing FTFs, a reletive newbie beat all of us to The Karaoke Night, and I could easilly have been beaten to The Pub Quiz had bluemike286 been a little more observant.

OTOH Moody River in its original form was a bit of a hard one, and the less said about One in the Eye the better!

Locally (Staffordshire) we have Snerdbe to contend with! Any delay in getting to a cache and you have lost it! Recently we managed to get two FTFs but the pressure on us is taking its toll!

Des and Bren are a hard act to follow - follow being the operative word! Well done you two!

Martin

try caching in yorkshire you are geting the cache out of the car and there is a que of cachers waiting round the corner all ready int that right rutson,lastboy scout, dallen,and slythering  only to name a few :unsure: runs 4 cover :laughing:

I don't FTF that many Yorkshire caches, though GCN78Y does spring to mind - and still no-one else has been mad enough to fnd it yet!!

And never mind getting the cache out of the car, sometimes the car is the cache isn't it Fruity!

Caches around here always seemed to get FTFd within hours by Dan and Pid, but they seem to have been on holiday for a while. 

Most new ones appearing on my screen still get found within a day of being released.  You have to get up early to get an FTF around here!

Where? .......

High Wycombe. Not far from you I believe :laughing:

I could be wrong, but I believe that if you are watching a TB, and it gets dropped into a cache that has not yet been approved, it will give away the existence (and position) of said new cache.

This came from one of our local resident first-to-find addicts :laughing:

The easiest way to keep a cache safe from being found here in Cheshire is either

1) Putting it out when ARRKS have swimming lessons

or

2) make it an awkward type puzzle one!

:rolleyes:

Bob

1) That may be about to change :unsure:

2) To class One In the Eye as a puzzle is a bit of a misnomer, simply scrambling the numbers and letters up in a totally random way is not how to make a puzzle :laughing: ...continues to bang head against nearest wall... :laughing:

LOL, well, I think that 8 of them are my fault, and I've just been surprised to see someone FSF the end of the series as their First FTF (Go Archer4, Go!). I'm just hoping that (s)he logs the rest of them too.

:lol: I got FTF on five of em though I ain't logged yet.

Came away without attempting the final one as all my contacts (re music) were unavailabe and I hadn't got a clue. :lol:

I placed my first cache yesterday...

GCNNAJ Bluebell woods

On 26 th April 2005....around 13:00.....but did not complete the registration form until 02:45 27th April....

I received the acceptance email at 15:00 the same day....

I received a found notification at 20:01 the same day....by Buzzlight.....

Considering the time to find the listing...find the cache...return home....log the find....

Pretty neat work I'd say......

Congratulations Buzzlight on a speedy first to find.... :D:rolleyes::ph34r::ph34r::D:ph34r::ph34r::lol:

Edited by Lowlander99