Where To Track Geocoins

Charlie777

I don't see anywhere on the site where you can track Geocoins, although the USA Geocoins site lists a link to track which brings you to Groundspeak. Can anyone help me with this?

If it is a USA Geocoin, Moun10bike Geocoin, or one of the new German Geocoins than they are tracked just like Travelbugs are.

Some of the other coins have their own tracking sites where you can track them and some other coins are not tracked but are numbered.

Which kind of coin do you have?

Thanks for the quick reply. I don't actually have the coin - just copied down the number from one we saw found in a cache yesterday, so I really can't give you any specifics as to what type it was. I believe it said Geochip #71.

That is one that would not be tracked on this site. I don't know if it has it's own tracking site or not.

Here is pretty much the best source for geocoins.

Team Fisur's Geocoin pages

USA Geocoins, Moun10bike coins, the German Geocoins, and travel bugs are the only items trackable through www.geocaching.com. Anyone who is placing anything else in caches should be providing people with information on how to log them, or they should plan on disappointment when they end up lost, or not logged properly.

Fishiam, I suggest you visit www.geocachetreasure.com and see what they say.

Edited by Eartha
UAS Geocoins, Moun10bike coins, and travel bugs are the only items trackable through www.geocaching.com. Anyone who is placing anything else in caches should be providing people with information on how to log them, or they should plan on disappointment when they end up lost or not logged properly.

Fishiam, I suggest you visit www.geocachetreasure.com and see what they say.

Eartha:

The new German Geocoins are also trackable through the Geocaching website.

Glad to see this thread today.

Little help, please: I found a Texas geocoin, with a four digit number on it, but when I put that number in the travel bug tracking frame it says it does not exist. Am I supposed to put something in front of or behind that number? I have already placed the bug in another cache last weekend, and want to track it, but can't see how. All I have is the 4 digit number that I found on the coin.