How Do You Get To The Cache Site?

We went out caching yesterday, and finally broke in our 4WD. So, in celebration of that fact, I thought it might be interesting to see what other folks are using to get from point A to point B.

For us, it's a 2000 Land Rover Discovery that we picked up a few months back for a great price. Let me tell you, she handles the muck and bumps of the wild country like a dream.

rover.jpg

The Cache-Mobile!

So . . . What do you drive out there?

(If this isn't the right forum for this, let me know . . .)

Edited by Benhamtroll, The Shrink, & Rainbow Girl

These were the only pics I could find right away, and I'm too lazy to scan some. Anyhow the first is my '86 Jeep Wagoneer Limited. I bought it inexpensively as a beater vehicle, since I was putting my other vehicle into a lot of areas that I didn't think it could get out of while caching. The other vehicle is my '96 Ford Thunderbird, and my daily driver. Ironically, these being the only images I could find right away, this is the result of breaking both ball joints while making a turn on my way home from a short cachepedition. Note: A couple of weeks later I found the old stone wall locationless, and used that same wall in the pic for it. :lol:

52DSCN1382-med.jpg

PIC0000721.jpg

PIC0000521.jpg

I prefer the urban caches close to the house. But occasionally I will go after one on my ATV. I live in Tallahassee, Florida and ride in the Apalachicola National Forest. I use a Magellan 330 with a Ram-x mount on the bike. I use the GPS on the bike even when I'm not geocaching to keep from getting lost and to keep a track record of the ride.

Edited by Tally Dragon
IMG_0477.jpg

What a great looking Land Crusher. I had a 1970 Station Wagon type. Loved it and drove it everyplace. Finally drove it to Alaska and gave it to my Son. About six 4WDs later, I got a 2000 Land Cruiser. Beautiful rig but just too nice to use like I did the 1970 model. Dick, W7WT

The Z_Statman's "go cart!"

b55e3685-f7f7-46f9-88fb-126a1d392e4c.jpg

:huh::huh::P

NIce Z.

I love the old Zs when there in great shape like that. There are way too many ones out there in sad shape, but every rare once in a while you see a great one like yours.

I've posted this pic before in other cachemobile threads, but heres mine, a 2001 Isuzu Rodeo 4x4 v6:

aa7b3bea-c57b-415f-933e-0ddff06151a6.jpg