Official "first Finders" Certificate

;)

How about a download, created by the terrific Groundspeak Team, that you can choose along with the text file when you place a new cache? One that is an official GeoCaching certificate stating you are the "Official First Finder". ??? Would that be cool?

Our family was able to find a cache first today, after being placed 6 days ago. What excitement! But we had nothing to show for our accomplishment. It would have been nice to find something special to pin up on our bulletin board.

I suggest a full page for large and medium caches, and a 1/4 page size for small and micros. Both full color or black and white depending on a person's printing capabilities.

I would like to strongly encourage the team to think on this and provide this "little something special" for first finders for any cache placers who would like to include it.

What does everyone else think?

Thanks! ;) Sue

I make my own and it only takes about 5 minutes using a simple program like Word or Word Perfect. Making your own allows you to personalize it for the cache. I wouldn't use one that Groundspeak made, they would all be the same. I only collect geocaching "stuff" that is either a signature item or handmade/personally made.

My $0.02

Edited by Chillibusher

I agree . . . you can make your own fairly easily. To make them more special, you could have them laminated. I got the info sheet for my Travel Bug laminated for less than $2.00 at the UPS store. ;)

If you made four or six (or more) to an 8.5 X 11 sheet of paper, that would be more economical. ;)

No one else has logged a visit online, but then, if someone were on a trip across the country, they may not have hit a computer to upload all the places they've been.

I did think it was funny that there wasn't an opening entry from the person who set the cache... wouldn't you think they would do that? I guess I've never checked before.

We shall see B)

I had a sticker made for FTF prizes. There's more and more of them showing up out there and I like to think it gives geocaching some awareness. The stickers were about a buck 30 each and the local cachers are all wanting them. But they've gotta be a FTF to get one. hehehehe

An easy way to achieve both business cards and stickers is Avery products; they make actual sticker pages, 3.5 disk labels work well also. For laminating purposes you can purchase self-laminating (with an iron) or heated-laminating (a little machine) sheets of all sizes. As for business cards I purchase preferatted cards which can either be laminated or placed on "business card magnets". Avery is the most popular name, but any brand works. Check Office Max, Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, etc. Any sort of clip art programs work, I personally use a scrapbook program for labels, stickers, certificates, everything; the thing is I never really used it for scrapbooking... :lol: ?!?! If you would like a copy of the program please let me know and I will burn you a one. :lol:

Geo Buddies Home Page

Geo Buddies Shop

Edited by The Fraher Family