Haunted Cache Sites

c88m

I just got an email from a friend with a link to a site that lists haunted areas Shawdowlands . Now I notice here in Massachusetts there are a couple of cache sites that are listed as haunted (train tunnel in Clinton , state hospital in Northampton) . There have been threads like this in the past but here's what I'm suggesting / looking for : cache sites that are on that list (it's a big list ) and maybe to give people ideas for future cache sites . Look through the list do some research and see what comes up , I bet that we can come up with quite a few caches that are in or very close to these places . Enjoy !!

Edited by c88m

GCNDD8 - To a Sunken City (Southern IL) Goes to an Island in the Mississippi River, that was cut off from the Mainland. The possible reason an Indian Curse,that was murdered. After being caught with a girl who had run away so they can be married.

They captured the indian and tied him to a log and put him in the River, but the indian shouted this curse

"...May the filthy spot on which your altars stand be destroyed, <br>

may your crops be failures, your homes be dilapidated. <br>

May your dead be disturbed in their graves and <br>

your land become a feeding place for fishes!.."<p>

Because of the curse, the river floods, and desrtroyed the town of Kaskaskia. When the river rolled over the cemetary, the caskets floated up and re-sunk and "The dead were disturbed from thier graves."

GCNDD8 - To a Sunken City (Southern IL) Goes to an Island in the Mississippi River, that was cut off from the Mainland. The possible reason an Indian Curse,that was murdered. After being caught with a girl who had run away so they can be married.

They captured the indian and tied him to a log and put him in the River, but the indian shouted this curse

Because of the curse, the river floods, and desrtroyed the town of Kaskaskia. When the river rolled over the cemetary, the caskets floated up and re-sunk and "The dead were disturbed from thier graves."

He sure was articulate for a man about to drown in a frontier river.

Here's a place in CT that is haunted ; Meriden - Hubbard Park - A young girl was said to be kidnapped and brought into some woods at Hubbard Park and now haunts the park. She will save those being kidnapped of killed and kill the ones who are kidnapping or killing. She is said to look like a 7-year-old girl and she will laugh when she kills someone bad.

Here's all the caches on the map ;

meriden

We started a cache series in Corpus Christi, TX that takes you to five haunted locations. They are all on that list you posted. People seem to enjoy them, but not too many go at night!

Jail House Spook ~ H.C.#1

Smith's Haunt ~ H.C.#2

If it's not it should be! ~ H.C.#3

Gentlemen, Start Your Engines ~ H.C.#4

Deep In The Heart Of The Beast ~ H.C. # 5

(We'll be replacing the two disabled ones next week when we get back down there. :huh: )

Hey All~

Now I'm not sure of your beliefs in haunted places, but I will tell you, I am an avid believer in the paranormal, and one thing that I have found (since I hide a lot of caches in cemeteries) is that sometimes the energy being given off in a haunted place, messes with GPS equipment, I've had this happen on several occasions. Now I could write it off as coincidence, but I don't seem to have a problem with my GPS going nuts anywhere else. besides a select few cemeteries...so if you deicide to hide or seek a cache in an alleged haunted location, mind what your GPS is doing. :ph34r:

Ok, call me silly but I had a spooky experience at "Deep Inside the Woods (Park)". All day our gpsr wasn't cooperating until this cache. We arrived just at dusk so the walk across the field was fine but under the trees it was considerably darker. I thought it was going to take a while to find in the dark but the gpsr pointed right to the inch and there it was glowing silver. Cool, easy find! However, as I was putting it back I realized it wasn't silver and how the heck had it glowed or even reflected what light there was? [insert eery "woooo" here] ;)

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...36-cb74e3e92af7

...and one thing that I have found is that sometimes the energy being given off in a haunted place, messes with GPS equipment, I've had this happen on several occasions. Now I could write it off as coincidence, but I don't seem to have a problem with my GPS going nuts anywhere else.

This seems to happen to us everytime we are in or near a cemetery or any other area with supposed ghost/spirits.

I recently went to find a cache in very famous cemetary. my gps worked fine all morning until i entered the cem. I drove out it worked fine back in deid again. I went to the highest point and waited twenty minutes to reaquire signal to no avail. idecided that the spirits didn't want me there at this time, but I will be back.

Just reading through that Shadowlands website, I've discovered a lot of high quality, GRADE A bullsh*t

It has a lot of local areas that are supposedly haunted, but you can tell, whoever submitted the stories took quite a bit of artistic license in writing the details.

I've got an idea however, that involves more local legend than anything else...

There was a story about my hometown that was total bull on shadowlands, when I brought this to their attention it was removed promptly. I think they only go by submission and not their own research, but some of the things I've read there are among the local lengends that I greww up with.

I was wondering if anybody might know of any places in Michigan that might be by a haunted cache site? Espesually in the Gladwin area 48624. Think that would be neat to go do a theme cache there. Any info would be appriciated. Thanks

Edited by newmonster
I was wondering if anybody might know of any places in Michigan that might be by a haunted cache site? Espesually in the Gladwin area 48624. Think that would be neat to go do a theme cache there. Any info would be appriciated. Thanks

former mental institue in traverse city is super creepy even in daylight...do a google and you'll see lot's of creepy stuff...now being converted to condos and restaurant :P

There's one in Maryville, TN... thought for sure there'd be something in Knoxvillle with all the cemetery caches there, but nothing. Closest thing I found in Ktown was a cache about a block and a half from the Bijou, but not close enough to count.

Never knew Wilson Hall was supposed to be haunted, but it's listed on Shadowlands. Here's the cache there (for now anyway).

GCM1QZ Maryville College: Wilson

Check out The Mothman Returns! near Point Pleasant WV. Cache is at the site where a 9 foot mothlike creature was seen by over 100 people. It is an abandoned TNT plant that is just a concrete skeleton now. Very creepy, You would not catch me there at night! Supposedly there was also a lot of ufo activity there.

John Keel wrote a book about it called the Mothman Prophecies and it was made into a movie starring Richard Gere. There is also a large statue of the Mothman in downtown Point Pleasant

Check out The Mothman Returns! near Point Pleasant WV. Cache is at the site where a 9 foot mothlike creature was seen by over 100 people. It is an abandoned TNT plant that is just a concrete skeleton now. Very creepy, You would not catch me there at night! Supposedly there was also a lot of ufo activity there.

John Keel wrote a book about it called the Mothman Prophecies and it was made into a movie starring Richard Gere. There is also a large statue of the Mothman in downtown Point Pleasant

which cache is this

I just got an email from a friend with a link to a site that lists haunted areas Shawdowlands . Now I notice here in Massachusetts there are a couple of cache sites that are listed as haunted (train tunnel in Clinton , state hospital in Northampton) . There have been threads like this in the past but here's what I'm suggesting / looking for : cache sites that are on that list (it's a big list ) and maybe to give people ideas for future cache sites . Look through the list do some research and see what comes up , I bet that we can come up with quite a few caches that are in or very close to these places . Enjoy !!

I did the cache up by the old mental hospital in Northampton at dusk, in the winter. It's a pretty creepy site. That Shadowlands website also lists The Devils' Stomping Ground in NC, but it isn't in Angier like the listing says. It's about 30 NW of there.

This archived virt was placed there, and there is this newer cache currently there. Only three finds in eight months. Now that's unnatural for this area. :lol:

GCNDD8 - To a Sunken City (Southern IL) Goes to an Island in the Mississippi River, that was cut off from the Mainland.  The possible reason an Indian Curse,that was murdered.  After being caught with a girl who had run away so they can be married.

Because of the curse, the river floods, and desrtroyed the town of Kaskaskia.  When the river rolled over the cemetary, the caskets floated up and re-sunk and "The dead were disturbed from thier graves."

He sure was articulate for a man about to drown in a frontier river.

This one site I also submitted to Shadowlands, and they never posted it..... I know it is reliable because it is in 2 books, Haunted Illinois, and Wierd Illinois, and they can be found at Barnes andNoble Bookstores (well Haunted IL is outdated now)

And the curse was originally in French

Hey All~

Now I'm not sure of your beliefs in haunted places, but I will tell you, I am an avid believer in the paranormal, and one thing that I have found (since I hide a lot of caches in cemeteries) is that sometimes the energy being given off in a haunted place, messes with GPS equipment, I've had this happen on several occasions. Now I could write it off as coincidence, but I don't seem to have a problem with my GPS going nuts anywhere else. besides a select few cemeteries...so if you deicide to hide or seek a cache in an alleged haunted location, mind what your GPS is doing. :(

A cache I hunted yesterday is in a very haunted section of woods near Chicago. Previous finders claimed the same GPSr issues I had.

Bachelor's Grove and the surrounding woods are said to be one of the most haunted places in our area.

NoLemon's 1000th is near the cemetery as well as

Ghost stories: Bachelor's Grove which is actually in the cemetery.

My cache May 25, 1979 is in a supposed haunted location. Read about the hauntings here.

Those are just a few in the Chicago area.

One of my favorite Haunted Caches is CYBret's The Witch's Grave. The drive to the cemetery is creepy. Really neat place and story behind it.