Using Gpxsonar

c2rm

About a month ago I moved from a Palm to a Pocket PC and asked if there was an equivalent to Cachemate.

Thanks to those that replied - I am now using GPXSonar which is fantastic. However, I am already running low on memory and would like to save the gpx file of caches to my SD Card but I can't seem to get the application to find it. Does anybody know if it is possible to save the file to anywhere other than main memory

Are you running the appiication from your sd card? I have the application in main memeory and I am trying to place the gpx file on the sd card. It might be that I need to place both on the sd card?

If you can check tomorrow that would be good

Thanks

I am running a similar set up to Lennie's Keepers. I have noticed however when trying to load ALL the caches in UK, there is no problem having them on the SD card, but it does seem that when you load the gpx file, it makes use of main memory to load the file.

I have been running low on main memory for a while and have a 1GB SD card. GPXSonar will not load the gpx file of ALL caches so I have to break them down either alhabetically or as a file within a 30 mile radius of a set location.

Still working on it.

I forgot to mention that I actually keep a number of databases on the SD card. About 150 caches for each area I'm likely to be in.

Otherwise they take ages to load and as reported use a lot of main RAM when being used.

But as someone else said, I just use the file-load option in GPX sonor and browse to the storage card and it finds it. Not done anything else clever.

I forgot to mention that I actually keep a number of databases on the SD card. About 150 caches for each area I'm likely to be in.

Otherwise they take ages to load and as reported use a lot of main RAM when being used.

But as someone else said, I just use the file-load option in GPX sonor and browse to the storage card and it finds it. Not done anything else clever.

And me....but i couldn't get on with GPXSonar....and have chosen GPXView instead....with the application in main memory and the files (500 in each for speed) on the SD card.... B)B):oB):D

:unsure: OK, its a fair cop and I admit to finger trouble - I shall embarrass myself no further!

Thanks for your help - I shall now go and memorize all 500 caches as penance for wasting your time ;)

Edited by c2rm