"degree" Symbol On My Pc Keyboard

rodhawaii

Get AllChars from www.allchars.net. It's totally free freeware, not spyware, no pop-ups. Then type "Ctrl, o, .". And for é type "Ctrl, e, ' ". And for ß type "Ctrl, s, s". You need never again fear losing that old yellow Post-It™ with obscure 4-digit codes. (™ is, of course, "Ctrl, T, M").

We use AllChars all over our corporate network and it's a tremendous timesaver.

Get AllChars from www.allchars.net. It's totally free freeware, not spyware, no pop-ups. Then type "Ctrl, o, .". And for é type "Ctrl, e, ' ". And for ß type "Ctrl, s, s". You need never again fear losing that old yellow Post-It™ with obscure 4-digit codes. (™ is, of course, "Ctrl, T, M").

Some people don't like installing software (or aren't allowed to) on every computer they use.

Can anyone tell me where to find that degree symbol?

Search "charmap"

File is located somewhere in the windows directory, depending on which version of windows you have.

Windows install tends to put a shortcut into the Start Menu>Accessories>System Tools folder (occasionally I have found it in the Accessories folder). I use the character map for all sorts of things, not the least of which is odd symbols or for using sybol/webding type fonts. If it is not installed on your system, and you have admin rights, you can add it by updating windows components.

~Destil :laughing:

shortcut into the Start Menu>Accessories>System Tools folder (occasionally I have found it in the Accessories folder). I use the character map for all sorts of things, not the least of which is odd symbols or for using sybol/webding type fonts.

I think the Character map is very easy to use. Copy and Paste.

§©«®¶ÏÑÝ

That should be: http://allchars.zwolnet.com

Moose Mob Posted: Apr 16 2005, 12:49 PM
BTW: You may need to use the numeric keypad, not the top row of the keyboard.

What if you are using a Laptop and don't have a numeric keypad?

I have a laptop, and i have a numeric keypad. its the FN + the right half of my keyboard.

Anyhoo...I usually just go to a cache page and copy+paste the degree symbol.