Time needed for cache to be approved?

Guest db8tr

Guest db8tr

I just placed my first cache on saturday, and I was wondering how long it normally takes for a cache to be approved? I entered my cache (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.asp?ID=4222) into the system on 7/14/01 (saturday) and it has not been approved yet. I notice on the main page that the newest caches to be listed were placed today. I haven't received any e-mail about any possible problems with my cache, so I wonder what is the matter? Did anyone else place a cache on saturday and it has not been approved yet? Thanks for any help!

-Db8tr

Guest cache_ninja

the lag is abnormal,usualy it takes from a few hours to overnight. i noticed this too, notified the proper people, it'll be figured out/fixed ASAP...there are a chunk of caches that haven't been approved, apparently by accident. you shouldn't _always_ be concerned if new caches are being approved and yours isnt yet. sometimes people approving them are out for a day or so, arrive to a mailbox full of new caches, and go down the list in reverse order w/most recent first etc...

[This message has been edited by cache_ninja (edited 16 July 2001).]

Guest jeremy

Sometimes us approval folks get our wires crossed and caches don't get approved in a timely manner. I do occasionally do a search through the system to make sure I get most of them.

This time, however, there were a *lot* of caches that hadn't been approved. I ran through them and everything should be a ok now.

Jeremy