Will You Cito On The 16th?

I will be at the CITO on the opposite end of the state from Starbrand. :lol:

I hope everyone gets out to a CITO event this year or in the alternative privately practices CITO while out caching.

I will also note that the parks really do notice CITO. Just last night I attended a Natural Resource District meeting where a board member clarified that there would not be fees for permits in part because of how cachers give back to the parks through CITO.

Edited by carleenp

I will be attending and I've placed a couple caches for the event. Fortunately it's less than a mile from my house so I lucked out on that:) I haven't been to a caching event so I really want to meet the people that I know by their caching names only. It's also nice to clean up areas that are often neglected.

I will be setting up and participating in the 3rd annual CITO day on APril 16th - (even if I am the only one to show up for the local event). Are you going to???

I will  - to help give Geocaching the good name it deserves.

Is there a question of 'do you CITO' or 'is there a planned event in your "area" tomorrow that you plan to attend'???

the answer is yes in both cases, but I'm not sure which you're asking.

Edited by welch

No CITO today for me, as I am at work and my "local" CITO event is an hour away.

HOWEVER-

I have planned a CITO event for RI to be held May 1.

RI CITO, Kayak, and Maintenance Event

For those of you unable to CITO today or make another event, you will have the opportunity to log a smiley on MY event even if you live in another country! :laughing:

It's very simple:

If you were unable to attend another CITO event for whatever reason, you may log my event if you:

1. CITO and/or MAINTAIN your (as in the ones YOU OWN) cache sites -OR-

CITO (and by CITO I mean pick up a good amount of trash) at a cache site that really needs it

2. Post pics (before and after, or pictures of the trash collected, or pictures of your NEW cache containers/goodies etc) to the event website between May 1 and May 8

3. Lastly, if you have logged another CITO event, please do not log this one. This opportunity is for those who had to miss out on the fun of an event for some reason.

Now, I have already had a bit of negative feedback about this - some think you should actually have to attend to log it. However, um, I don't care. To me, the spirit of CITO is helping out - so, if you can't make an event, you should still be able to help out and get the added bonus of a smiley. So, here ya go! I have added cache maintenance to this as well (or instead of a straight CITO) because I am a freak about cache maintenance, and spring is the perfect time to make the rounds of your caches, clean/restock/replace containers, relocate if warrented due to environmental impact, and ARCHIVE those caches that need it.

Peace,

-CL

Edited by Cool Librarian
No CITO today for me, as I am at work and my "local" CITO event is an hour away.

HOWEVER-

I have planned a CITO event for RI to be held May 1.

RI CITO, Kayak, and Maintenance Event

For those of you unable to CITO today or make another event, you will have the opportunity to log a smiley on MY event even if you live in another country! :D

It's very simple:

If you were unable to attend another CITO event for whatever reason, you may log my event if you:

1. CITO and/or MAINTAIN your (as in the ones YOU OWN) cache sites -OR-

CITO (and by CITO I mean pick up a good amount of trash) at a cache site that really needs it

2. Post pics (before and after, or pictures of the trash collected, or pictures of your NEW cache containers/goodies etc) to the event website between May 1 and May 8

3. Lastly, if you have logged another CITO event, please do not log this one. This opportunity is for those who had to miss out on the fun of an event for some reason.

Now, I have already had a bit of negative feedback about this - some think you should actually have to attend to log it. However, um, I don't care. To me, the spirit of CITO is helping out - so, if you can't make an event, you should still be able to help out and get the added bonus of a smiley. So, here ya go! I have added cache maintenance to this as well (or instead of a straight CITO) because I am a freak about cache maintenance, and spring is the perfect time to make the rounds of your caches, clean/restock/replace containers, relocate if warrented due to environmental impact, and ARCHIVE those caches that need it.

Peace,

-CL

Thanks for the opportunity to log a CITO event. I know of one cache that could use some CITO, and since there wasn't a CITO event anywhere near where I live, I will try to do that next time I have to drive into town. <_<

At the price of gas -- $2.65/gallon -- I can't make a special trip . . . :laughing:

Yes, because I don't have the CITO icon in my list of 'finds' yet.

I just got back from our local CITO event and I have to admit that one of the reasons I attend was because I didn’t have a CITO find on my stats. It wasn’t the only reason I went, but I’d be less than honest if I told people it wasn’t a factor in my decision to attend. :laughing:

i hosted one to help payback the property manager in a really cool area i've got a couple of caches placed. it's a great area that i've known about for years, but most people don't even though they drive right by it..

it was really cool to meet some local cachers, and it's the first volunteer thing i've done in forever. i'll definitely plan or attend a few others!!

Just wanted to let people know that the students of North River Road School in Indiana CITO 4 miles of the Heritage Trail on Friday in honor of CITO Day! :) Probably took out 7 large trash bags, toilet parts, antenna, tires, and much more. We will continue to Trash Out on all future caching adventures.

Edited by smartfair

No, I won't CITO on the 16th. But I did on the 17th when I hiked up Mt. Watatic. Pretty clean, though. Have to go back with somthing less precious (ie grocery bag) to pick the rest up in. I don't know how it was on the trails on the 16th, but "thanks" to all you hardcore CITO-mongers out there! Love to see more pictures - (some are on teh front page banners!)