East Kootenay Event Cache

Pattycat

Hi all Geocachers, guess what time it is?

I am planning this year’s event cache (#3) and I am looking for some input. This years event cache will take place July 30th, 31st, and August 1st. I will of course be there before the start date and I usually stay a day after the event has ended.

I will be selecting a different camping area other than the previous ones for the #1 and #2 event caches, (hopefully). Anyone have any suggestions? Actually I have one picked out but I will have to investigate some more because I do not want to have the event cache at a camping area that we must pay for (which I think it is) but I am willing to hear any suggestions.

Another item I would like to ask some input on is if anyone has any ideas for things to do at the event cache. I want to do some different things although I do have some ideas already. (Some that I used previously for any Geocachers that attended the first 2 event caches). :D It involves decryption key use. There will also be some Q & A’s so buck up on your knowledge. :o And I also have an idea to win a prize and if it goes okay I think you’ll all get a kick out of it. Stay tuned to the cache page for updates and more info which you will need to know before arriving. Geoscav anyone? :D

There will also be a 50/50 draw as well as finding some wee caches that are part of a game I have devised. As usual there will be a pot luck lunch/dinner which I have yet to determine what day to have it on. Suggestions?

As far as prizes I have some picked out such as the door prize, the first to arrive prize, as well as the furthest distance traveled prizes. (Different from 2004's). There will be a poker run but because I have had to use the bucks out of my own pocket for the last 2 event caches (for most of the items), this year each hand will be $5.00 which will go to paying for the gifts that I purchased and if needed for next years event cache. Nothing will be going into my pocket. I am also requesting that anyone attending this years event cache whether for just a day or the entire weekend, please bring a cache goodie. That could be a container of whatever kind, a log book, pencil, and such, or the cache goodies themselves. These will be used as part of the game I devised so I’ll need all the help I can get. As I previously stated, I can’t do the entire cost myself this time.

And last but not least, in 2003, 21 Geocachers attended; in 2004, 24 Geocachers attended, and I believe all had a good time at both events no matter if we couldn’t have a fire as in 2003 and it rained and rained in 2004. I am hoping for a bigger turn out as this year’s event cache may be the last one I do depending on how this one goes. It is pretty tough to do these on your own, (money out of pocket I mean) but I sure enjoyed doing them. The best thing I got out of doing the event caches was meeting all the Geocachers that I didn't know and seeing the ones I already met. I'm hoping to see them again at this year’s event cache too as well as more that I can get to know.

So stay tuned for further updates as you will need to know some things before you attend the event cache. A hint on this I could give as; what is your Geocaching name? I know that doesn’t make sense at this time but that is why you need to keep an eye on the cache event page once I am allowed to post it which is not until 3 months before the actual event. I believe I can post this the last days of April if not the first of May.

Feel free to email me with any questions, suggestions, or comments you may have at pattycat@shaw.ca and thanks in advance and hope to meet many more Geocachers at this year’s event cache as well as ones I’ve already met.

Hello,

This thread looks like it would do better in the Canada forum, so I am moving it there. To the extent you were asking for ideas about event caches in general, there are already several open discussions on that, including one in the "Organized Geocaching" forum.

Good luck with your event!