Custom Geocoins

Lou Toth

Hi, I am planning on starting a cache in my area and I want to include some geocoins. I have noticed that there are state coins. Where can I buy them? In particular I want NY coins.

I don't think that New York even has a coin yet....why don't you design one. I'd be willing to send you an Oregon GeoCoin if you have something that I don't already have....(maybe a "Fisur" coin?)

I don't have any to trade, I am looking to get a few to put in my cache.  How do I go about making one, or does some company do it if you give them a design?  I have seen info on making them from polymer, but I would like a nice metal coin.

You are far better off buying some of the ones still being sold. You are looking at several hundred dollars for even small order of coins. Plus the turn around time is several weeks by the time you work through the art and proofs. Then they have to fit your coins into when they can batch them. That was for a personal coin. If you lead a collaborative effort for a state coin factor in a lot more time due to all the coordination you will be doing.

Edited by Renegade Knight
Every one seems to be talking about trading coins.

Is anyone interested in trading for a Calgary Area Cachers Geocoin?

People like to trade coins and as mentioned there is a thread for that. There's no need for you to keep posting in multiple threads asking about it, and I mean that in the gentlest way possible. :lol:

The fact is that the current releases are usually the least popular, particularly if people can still buy the coins themselves. With time, I think that you will find that more people will become interested trading for the Calgary coins.