Night Caching Rocks!

Right Wing Wacko

A few weeks ago a large group of us did a couple of great night caches. At the time the Everett Night Cache was mentioned, but we never followed thru.

Is anyone interested in doing this one? It's in a park that Closes at 10pm, so if we make this a group effort it will need to be soon. Pretty soon it will be to light to do it before the park closes.

Everett Night Cache

Edited by Right Wing Wacko
A few weeks ago a large group of us did a couple of great night caches. At the time the Everett Night Cache was mentioned, but we never followed thru.

I have a list of night caches here. Is there a cache among the night caches you did a few weeks ago (or that you know of) that isn't on this list? Let met know, so I can update the list.

Thanks!

A few weeks ago a large group of us did a couple of great night caches.  At the time the Everett Night Cache was mentioned, but we never followed thru.

I have a list of night caches here. Is there a cache among the night caches you did a few weeks ago (or that you know of) that isn't on this list? Let met know, so I can update the list.

Thanks!

Under the clock Tower- A Night cache GCMDDM

I talked with 4chin Seeker this evening, and no one has contacted him about adopting this cache or any of his others. I put in a request for this one and another.

No guarantees, but I will do my best to get up next weekend and fix it up a little. (I bought some stuff on ebay a few weeks back.) It is still findable, but a couple of the markers have diminished in size, and are much harder to see.

A few weeks ago a large group of us did a couple of great night caches.  At the time the Everett Night Cache was mentioned, but we never followed thru.

Thanks!

Added to the Nightcaches List.

I did Nocturnal Navigator (near Anacortes) two nights ago. Probably the best night cache I've done so far. Recommended!

Thanks!

I did Nocturnal Navigator (near Anacortes) two nights ago. Probably the best night cache I've done so far. Recommended!

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll have to check that out in the near future.

Thanks!

I just activated another new night cache in the North Bend area called "Over The Top II - All Night Long"(GCMDDX). Now 2 night caches in NB and soon to be 3.

Depending on the final date I'm up for some night caching.

I was near the starting location for the cache tonight. It's almost to late in the year.... at 8:30 it was still to light out to start hunting. By 9 it was plenty dark. It's only going to get worse in the coming days.... very quickly!

Perhaps on a cloudy evening it would be a bit different.

So... what does everyone think.

Friday the 29th

Saturday the 30th

Sunday the 1st.

Personally, I say Saturday but I can make it on any of them. Meet at the Starting location at say 8:30 and proceed to hunt as soon as it's dark enough.

Got up this weekend and placed some tacks on a couple spots that were questionable.

Bad news: Trail construction.

Good news: Trail construction.

Packed gravel has been placed on the trail, which is makes it much nicer. The side trail that is marked to reach the cache now has several new saplings planted on it. I found another trail a little further along the main trail that will also take you to the cache. On the main trail I placed three horizontal reflective tacks on a log, that lays on the right side of the trail. You need to take the next left.

Also the cache area does not have room for a large crowd, if the group is too big it might be best to break into smaller groups. The entire trip from car to cache and back should take about 15 minutes. Plenty of time for several groups to go, and we can coordinate via radio.

I'll be there too.

It sounds like some of are coming early. How early? I would welcome some company on a cache that has been giving me some problems, and the tides are right in the mid afternoon.

It sounds like some of are coming early. How early? I would welcome some company on a cache that has been giving me some problems, and the tides are right in the mid afternoon.

I will be there for that nasty beach cache, and anything else that needs to be grabbed. I am not sure about doing the night cache. My wife's family is in town, and there is likely dinner that I will be expected at.

But I am interested in the day time caching in the area.

Rob

Got up this weekend and placed some tacks on a couple spots that were questionable.

Bad news: Trail construction.

Good news: Trail construction.

Packed gravel has been placed on the trail, which is makes it much nicer. The side trail that is marked to reach the cache now has several new saplings planted on it. I found another trail a little further along the main trail that will also take you to the cache. On the main trail I placed three horizontal reflective tacks on a log, that lays on the right side of the trail. You need to take the next left.

Also the cache area does not have room for a large crowd, if the group is too big it might be best to break into smaller groups. The entire trip from car to cache and back should take about 15 minutes. Plenty of time for several groups to go, and we can coordinate via radio.

I'll be there too.

I think I'll accompany you on that cache. If I'm thinking of the one you're thinking of, I got the first waypoint (or two) and couldn't find the final.

I got a couple of messages on the topic of what cache I was talking about. My apologies, I should have included the info in the prior post.

Lifes a Beach.

Tides look good to meet at around 2:30ish at the parking coordinates. I'll bring some stuff along for WP1. I also volunteer to do the dirty work, since I'm close enough to go home and change before the night cache.

PS. Kids and the 3.0 star terrain. One section of rocks to lift them over, you are on a beach after that. I brought my five year old last time and plan to bring my three year along on Saturday.

Edit: Add PS.

Edited by jcar
I got a couple of messages on the topic of what cache I was talking about. My apologies, I should have included the info in the prior post.

Lifes a Beach.

Tides look good to meet at around 2:30ish at the parking coordinates. I'll bring some stuff along for WP1. I also volunteer to do the dirty work, since I'm close enough to go home and change before the night cache.

PS. Kids and the 3.0 star terrain. One section of rocks to lift them over, you are on a beach after that. I brought my five year old last time and plan to bring my three year along on Saturday.

Edit: Add PS.

Yay, that's the one I tried to find but couldn't.

Will be there also. Will be setting up a new night cache north of Burlington that day. So if you are going to Half Canadians event on Saturday, after the event would be a good time to hit it. Nocturnal Navigator is a great cache but I think will be harder and harder to do as the foliage starts to come in thicker. Since it is in pretty thick woods and you need the GPS to find each of the points.

Anyone want to carpool up from the Southend?

I plan on comming up for Lifes a Beach then doing come caches between that and the night cache.

I have never done any caching in the area so everything will be new to me.

My Mommy says I can't do any more off-roading for a while. :blink:

Guess what LandRover is getting for his B-Day....A new tire for his Landrover B)

Anyone want to carpool up from the Southend?

I plan on comming up for Lifes a Beach then doing come caches between that and the night cache.

I have never done any caching in the area so everything will be new to me.

My Mommy says I can't do any more off-roading for a while. :D

Guess what LandRover is getting for his B-Day....A new tire for his Landrover ;)

Mommy is mean...

It was a nail, not the puddles!!! :D

I'll be there for 'Beach' and the afternoon/night caching as well...

See you there LR.