Looking For A Puzzle Cache In Portland

WARedBear

I was looking around cache pages last year for some puzzle ideas. I started in Seattle and worked my way down to Portland. I found one that really intrigued me. I printed it off, enlarged it, gave a copy to my daughter (Skittles Bear) and the race was on to see who could complete it first. She ended up sick and spent two days working on it and won. Anyway...I was looking for some tax papers yesterday and ran across her completed puzzle which reminded me that I never made a cache using the puzzle (we moved). Now I don't remember where the cache is located or who created it. I need to find out how the cacher made the puzzle. The puzzle is a large triangle divided up into tiny triangles with numbers written on lines coming off of all three sides. The numbers represent colored or filled-in tiny triangles. The trick is to fill-in the right tiny triangle because you don't know where the spaces are located. You have to triangulate the numbers on the sides to get an idea. The coords to the cache appear once all of the tiny triangles are filled-in in the right order. It took us a week or two to finally complete the puzzle. Does anyone remember the cache? Is it still active? Who was the cacher who placed it? Do you know how to generate this kind of puzzle? Any help is appreciated. :huh:

Edited by WARedBear

My answer to all of your questions is "yes". There are probably Internet resources out there to help with puzzles with squares, but as far as I know, I'm the only one who has ever used triangles.

If you like that kind of puzzle, be sure to check out The Dreamweave Cube, about which I can only claim that I was first to find it. :D There are many fine puzzle caches in Portland that can be solved from the comfort of your home, so if you are planning to come to Portland anyway, you may as well try for as many as you can.