Travel Bug Missions

BigFurryMonster

Post here what you think are the most original and creative goals and missions of existing Travel Bugs, and especially why.

Post a picture and the URL, too.

23398a81-e701-4964-b7af-483a23cb862a.jpg

Spotted Friend TB

To be photographed with the oldest directional markers in the area.

--> this gives such nice pictures! Not only of geocachers, but people will add also the name of the location, and sometimes a little history of the place.

4040_200.JPG

Elvis

Elvis wants to return home to Graceland.

--> this gives people the incentive to dress up as Elvis, and be photographed with the TB.

Surely - there must be more creative goals out there....

Edited by BigFurryMonster

4df64ceb-1796-4cd9-8816-d9ee53b2847d.jpg

Olde Skool

This bug is dedicated to first caches of any type (first in a state, city, or first found or placed bya particuar cacher). It was turned loose at the first cache ever placed in Kansas, Mingo.

I find random movers to be boring. I like the mission approach. It gives me a greater feeling of investment and involvement in the bug's purpose. For this reason, all my bugs will be mission oriented. I have future plans to send bugs to be photohgraphed at certain places, such as at the hospital where I was born; or with certain (willing and forewarned) friends in other states. I also hope to be able to retrieve my bugs after they have completed their mission. They may be sent out again on a new mission, or retired to my own Wall of Fame so they can proudly collect dust and be fought over by my children when I die!

Inkwell One

Inkwell One is supposed to be delivered to my parents in another state.  The deliverer gets to stay at their campground for free and fish in thier stream (if they are licensed).  Then the bug is to be returned to me for Thanksgiving Dinner by my parents.

Hey I can see the numbers want ur bug to come to kansas Ill just log it if u want. So better fixs it so this cant happen. :unsure:

Edited by Eartha