Mapping Software For Linux

I guess it depends on what the purpose is, if its your purpose to spend your entire life hoping that someone will develope a certain application that you need, and that it will automatically be superior to all of the multitude of already existing Windows version then I guess it does defeat this.

If however, you are hoping to enjoy the best of both worlds, and are happy to make do until someone does develope a highly superior Linux equivalent, then Wine is the answer, many Windows aplications actually run faster in Linux using Wine, so its actually a superior answer to using Windows anyway!

I guess it depends on what the purpose is, if its your purpose to spend your entire life hoping that someone will develope a certain application that you need, and that it will automatically be superior to all of the multitude of already existing Windows version then I guess it does defeat this.

If however, you are hoping to enjoy the best of both worlds, and are happy to make do until someone does develope a highly superior Linux equivalent, then Wine is the answer, many Windows aplications actually run faster in Linux using Wine, so its actually a superior answer to using Windows anyway!

True enough. I bought the Mac as I just got sick and tired of battling viruses, bear in mind that I had supported a network of 300 PCs/Macs/Servers.

Macs do have a Windows emulator available, but it can get viruses!! Nooooooooo!!

Should have stuck with the Psions for mapping!