Need Help Fixing Tb Movements/distance

The4B's

I have a travel bug that left Canada and was placed in a cache in Ireland by cacher 'A'. Before cacher 'A' had a chance to log his entry on-line, cacher 'B' grabbed it and took it to Sweden and placed it in a cache there. When cacher 'B' logged his entry he "grabbed it" from cacher 'A' and then dropped it in the Swedish cache (it's current position) - effectively skipping the Ireland cache. Cacher 'A' subsequently logged his activity as a note, saying he dropped it in the cache in Ireland.

How do I go about getting this TB logged in and out of the cache in Ireland so that the distance is caculated correctly?

This question must have been asked a thousand times so if someone would be so kind as to direct me to a valid post or resource, I would greatly appreciate it.

The travel bug info is here: Travel Bug - Cowtown Cruiser

Grab the bug from the cache it is now in, dating your note "before" Cacher B placed it. Place it in the cache Cacher A dropped it into, dating your note the same day or at least before Cacher B dropped it off. Grab it back from this cache and drop it back into the cache that Cacher B placed it in. Make sure your notes on the cache pages mention what you are doing, and make sure they are notes and not finds.

Hope this helps.

Grab the bug from the cache it is now in, dating your note "before" Cacher B placed it. Place it in the cache Cacher A dropped it into, dating your note the same day or at least before Cacher B dropped it off. Grab it back from this cache and drop it back into the cache that Cacher B placed it in. Make sure your notes on the cache pages mention what you are doing, and make sure they are notes and not finds.

Hope this helps.

I did as you suggested. But now it looks like it has travelled too far. Canada - Sweden - Ireland - Sweden. Rather than Canada - Ireland - Sweden. Is this as good as it gets or can anything else be done. Do I need to delete other log entries? I would rather not if possible since the folks made the effort to move and log the TB and also to post some pictures.

I did this for one of my bugs that got confused and it worked. Sorry my idea didn't help. I'm sure someone smarter than me will come along and help. :huh:

Adding:

On 4/3 when you grabbed it from "a sober view" change this to "Grab from somewhere else" if it is possible. That way the miles shouldn't be added.

Edited by SeventhSon

Try deleting your 4/3/05 log where you retrieved the bug from "A Sober View" and your 4/6/05 log where you retrieved it from "Iveagh Cache," and click on recalculate distance in the upper right hand corner of the page. That should establish the correct order of bug movements.

If things calculate out correctly, then you can delete your 4/9/05 log where you placed the bug in "A Sober View" to complete the housekeeping.

If that doesn't work, you can always ask Eartha for help.

If that doesn't work, you can always ask Eartha for help.

Who's that?

Eartha is the Travelbug forum moderator and has a lot of experience with untangling TB movements.

Ahhhhh..... Success!! 

To get the mileage correct I deleted all my log entries except for the one where I placed it in the first cache (in Ireland). Everything looks good and even kind of makes sense now.

Thanks to all for your help!!

You are welcome! Glad things worked out for you.