Favourite Cache ?

ok everyone..think back now..where was your favourite cache and why ?.mine is this cache ..Spring In Your Step (GCG0QJ).

we did this late at night / early morning (04.30 hrs).visibility was very limited as snow was driving across the hills in a very strong wind.the clues were found but not to easily which gave it an enjoyable twist.the walk seemed to take us up into the cloud itself,the snow swirling about like a heavy blanket,a surreal place to be i can tell you !,we then decended,our total faith in the little yellow etrex that was bravely showing us the way ;).after an intresting scramble (i wont go into detail so as not to ruin cache) we found the cache nestled safely away,exactly where the etrex said.i was impressed with the etrex that night as the cloud cover was 110% !.

so far we have done 102 caches and this one is perched on top of our favourites list..thanks Nobby for setting it.

ps...for those of you who havnt done it,its worth the walk :)

bb

tdw

Hmm hard to say as I have only done 35.

I guess the highlights would be my first find “Dog Walk #4”.

It was also a thrill getting a first to find on “Never at Sea - The Whale” ;)

But I would say overall my favourite ones were “BUCKINGHAM BUMBLE” and “Derailed”. They both had great clues and the areas were interesting.

I also enjoyed “HIDDEN KUDOS ?” (Since archived), I though it was such a cool idea where the micro was.

I guess overall the ones I enjoyed the most are the ones that show you something interesting.

As we are not from here, we find its great to use the caches to learn about the local history. You can't go wrong with a Simply Paul cache in that respect.

See ya...Gary

I couldn't put my hand on my heart and say that I remember every cache I've ever done, because I can't. Far from it. If I can't remember them then I suppose it follows that it's because they weren't particularly memorable ;)

Of those I can remember, Pen-y-Fantastic and Scotland's First stand out because They were a tough, hard climb (for me, anyway) and I felt an immense sense of achievement when I did them. The Ben Nevis escapade with the Scottish lot was tougher but I don't remember feeling quite so elated at the top. Probably because I was so totally bolloxed I was in no fit state to feel anything :)

The cache with the most memorable location , after 940 caches, is STILL Pooter's magical cache in Puck's Glen... A Midsummer Night's Dream. That gorge is absolutely stunning!

Most fun.... any of the Grand Days Out with me fellow Grockles. The Vectis series, The Basingstoke Grand Tour or just caching our way through London. Great fun with great company.

We cant now :lol: the cache page now says its unsuitable for children. :huh:

I meant to clear that with you per e-mail but after 5 hours work on the cache page it slipped my mind.

Please don't take that as a dig at you, because it's not intended to be. It's more a personal opinion. I did think of clarifying it and saying that I'm not a father, and everyone will know what their own children are and are not capable of, but I decided to leave it in.

I have a suspicion that the very next log (and several photos) I get will be of Mr. and Mrs. Jones who brought their brood of six children and a couple of the neighbourhood sprogs for good measure up without a problem, but such is life :huh: .

We cant now  :lol:  the cache page now says its unsuitable for children. :huh:

I meant to clear that with you per e-mail but after 5 hours work on the cache page it slipped my mind.

Please don't take that as a dig at you, because it's not intended to be. It's more a personal opinion. I did think of clarifying it and saying that I'm not a father, and everyone will know what their own children are and are not capable of, but I decided to leave it in.

I have a suspicion that the very next log (and several photos) I get will be of Mr. and Mrs. Jones who brought their brood of six children and a couple of the neighbourhood sprogs for good measure up without a problem, but such is life :huh: .

No dig taken. I could write some advice but the best is get experienced with hills and your kids before attempting, which is just basic commonsense.

My favourite is a cache I did near Boston- Breakheart Redux: Phoenix.

Super early morning walk around some picturesque lakes set off by the reds and golds of the autumnal leaves and a fantastic view of Boston at the end. At the meeting I had later that morning (about 5 miles away), I mentioned the park that the cache was in and none of the locals had heard of it! Just goes to show the benefit of caching.