Can A Palm Iii (xe) Screen Be Adjusted Darker?

welch

Can a Palm III (xe) screen be adjusted darker? if so, how?

I only use my palm with going on trips with multiple finds, which seems to be about every month or two. The problem im having is that the screen is getting progressively lighter each time its used. At first I thought the batteries were bad (since weeks pass between uses the batteries are usally completely dead and need replaces before each new use), but after trying different sets bought at different times I think its something else.

I know in below freezing temps the screen would fade out (like what happened the times I've used it winter caching). Could this have damaged something? how about being left in a hot (i assume) glovebox for a few weeks? Or is maybe just general caching wearing out a connection or something???

thanks for any help

well id say either your screen is crapping out or you need to adjust your contrast. I dont have the exact same one but on mine there is a little circle thats half black half grey on the very bottom left corner of the grafitti area, more like to the bottom left of the menu button actually. thats the only thing i could think of