Geocaching With A Mac

60North

OI!!!! :o

Mac users are supposed to stick together :D

Anyway - Try this webpage see if that's any good for you? Also freeware prog here.

Oh I am sticking together.

I have been to both links - the first is an OS9 app only - spits!!

The second app I use already. Its good for maintaining waypoints but nothing else. I think that I have donated, but I just can't remember, but it looks as though development has stopped.

I should have stuck with the Psions, at least the netBook and netPad had decent sized screens.

Ok so before I jump out a window, is there any way to use the stinkin USB cable that came with my Garmin 60CS with my MAC? If not, how about with a heathen box? i want to download waypoints from geocaching.com and transfer them to my unit. I have had no luck! Someone please help me out! :laughing:

Ok so before I jump out a window, is there any way to use the stinkin USB cable that came with my Garmin 60CS with my MAC? If not, how about with a heathen box? i want to download waypoints from geocaching.com and transfer them to my unit. I have had no luck! Someone please help me out! ;)

I would be interested to hear how you get on as a fellow Mac user (12" PB).

What about GPS Connect? Its in beta but if you just want to download does that work? I have only ever used it with a serially connected Garmin via a USB adaptor.

I know this will be as painful to your ears as it hurts my mouth to utter the words - Windoze Emulator (Truly the worst of all worlds!)

I am running X11 on my Mac now. Would there be a Linux app that would run under X11 that would solve your problem?

I must admit that I have a Win (spits!) laptop in a dark and dank corner of the house, guarded by an old crone with an awful case of festering sores, (well so few people really want to be anywhere near Windoze these days), for when the Mac wont do what I want! Once I have spent an hour downloading the laest updates to the firewall and anti-virus I can get on and use it.

If you are going to go to the Dark Side do let someone know when you are going and when you expect to be back - you know it makes sense ;)