Ammo Cans In Calgary

DanOCan

Anyone have a cheap supplier of ammo cans in or near Calgary? I would really like to find some for hiding some caches, but when I went down to Crown Surplus they were selling for $30 each, which is just WAY too much to spend on a cache before I even buy anything to put in it. :laughing:

I really should start a small business. I just slip over the border and pick them up in almost brand-new condition for US$2.50 :laughing: . But then I'm not in Calgary. BTW I've never been questioned on why I have half a dozen ammo cans on the back seat when I reenter Canada. They must know I geocache.

$30 at a surplus shop in Calgary? That IS expensive.

Local surplus in Saskatoon sells them in excellent condition for $9. I bought a couple at Princess Auto (Calgary should have a Princess Auto, right?) for $6.88 a couple of days ago.

The Princess Auto here has two prices - $12.99 and $6.88 - the $6.88 pile is usually the junky rusted ones, but if you dig through them you can find suitable ones. The $13 ones aren't in great shape either, but are generally better.

Another thread mentioned Princess Auto puts them on sale every couple of months for $6.88 as well.

Princess Auto in Whitby, Ontario has the larger Ammo cans on sale - reduced from $12.99 to $6.88. I bought a bunch today. This may be countrywide, I don't know though.

They also had packs of 16 AA Duracell batteries (expiring end 2006) for $1.88

Edit: added info about batteries

Edited by Geofellas