Age Range

Looking at recent posts and pictures, I wonder if geocaching has the widest age range of any sport / hobbies? Where else do you find 5 year olds enjoying themselves at the same time and as much as 75 year olds?

Just a mid range 53 year old myself... (midrange - that could cause a few responses as well I'm sure!!)

Any comments???

Our youngest daughter is 20mths, and she will happily sit in her backpack while we cache. We did a 5.6 mile 2 cache circuit at the weekend which took about three hours all together (including stops to watch the trains and have a drink etc), and our 4 year old walked/ran the whole way. Sorry can't beat the upper limit though.

I have the mental age of a 5 year old and the body of a 80 year old. do I win :(

Thats the beauty of caching. I have had the pleasure of caching with an older (than me :laughing:) cacher. That normally I would not have the pleasure of meeting.

Edited by Deego
Tis I. At 67. I play computer games. Love 'Tomb Raider' (Its Lara realy) I cycle and have 5 bikes. 2 of which are electric powered. A bike for all purposes.

Me to..... I'm 59 and I've done all Lara's PC games :D I'm currently helping(?) Indy track down The Emperor's Tomb :D

[edited 'cos I can't spell]

Edited by Pharisee
:D Beat ya 68 Guns! As you know, cos we saw you at the Winchester meet, we've got a younger one than yoo-oo-oo-ooooou! Our little Megan is just 11 months old. We still haven't sorted out a backpack for her, but I wouldn't be able to carry it myself anyway and the old man doesn't come out caching with us that often so no point us getting one really! Incidentally Gunners, you coming to our cache bash or what? http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...c8-e08365a58c18 :D
;) Beat ya 68 Guns! As you know, cos we saw you at the Winchester meet, we've got a younger one than yoo-oo-oo-ooooou! Our little Megan is just 11 months old. We still haven't sorted out a backpack for her, but I wouldn't be able to carry it myself anyway and the old man doesn't come out caching with us that often so no point us getting one really! Incidentally Gunners, you coming to our cache bash or what? http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...c8-e08365a58c18 :)

As you started caching in December 2004, that means Megan was 7mths old when you started. We started in December 2004 when Taryn was 5mths old, so we win.

Need to check the dates for your cache bash, very busy at the end of the month.

I am 48, 49 in a few days. And get quite embarressed to admit I play and enjoy computer games. Ok, technically not a sport.

Ahhh....good on you.

im 37 and have been "online league racing" for several years.

i race in a league called www.baldtyreracing.com and we each design the look of our cars, or skins as they are known. mine even has a geocache theme. i hope noone will tell me in breaking a copyright by using the cache logo.............

I am 56 and Lynne is 44. The wonderful thing about this sport is the exercise we both get out of it. It sure keeps us fit, and will help to keep the old bones more supple. Well mine anyway, Lynne is younger. For myself and Lynne, we can't think of a more enjoyable way to enjoy a day out. Heck, we even get to places we never knew were there.

Miss Wild Trekker officially did her first cache when she was 27 days old

We can get it down to a 14 day old ;) Wasn't much help but there was an aRRKS micro to find so neither was I ;)

She's up to double figures at 10 weeks old and at this rate we think will catch Seasider by the age of 25y :D