Lack Of New Caches

Kyul_and_Carbon

Having 2 small kids when I go out makes it hard to do the 50 mile radius caches. I normally search 10 miles, 15, miles and 20 miles and let how the kids are doing that day determine which distance we can go.

In all three of those searches, there has not been a new cache hidden in forever. I have considered hiding a couple myself just to get something new out there - but does the Springfield area just not have a lot of hiders?

Here in NW Ohio we have our share of new cache droughts but recently we've had about 25 new caches in a week and a half.

Generally tho I think that some areas just need a match lit under their a_ _

All it seems to take around here is one or 2 new caches and that inspires others to get going and we have a small flood soon enough.

So, I'd suggest getting a couple fellow cachers as well as yourself and place about 3 or so new ones in the area and see what happens.

if nothing happens.......move :laughing:

Good Luck

Well.. being that I'm new to the sport of caching - I believe it is suggested you find around 50 or so before attempting to hide one of your own. I was just trying to get enough experience under my belt before going off and doing something stupid.

Yes - eventually I want to hide caches.

Should I do it now - I don't think I have the experience yet to do so.

Doing 50 with your 2 kids makes it kinda hard - and... then with 40% are eliminated due to location/terrain because of said kids... it'll take me a while :-)

I just see the area my brother lives in get new ones all the time.... only reason I was asking really.

Wow who said you had to find 50 before you should hide one? Most people don't find 50 in a year. Numbers mean nothing. My brother went to Nashville and found 73 in a day. I prefer to cache in northern Michigan where some caches might take a whole day to do one. Just because someone has a high number of founds doesn't make them a good hider. You've found a few, your reading the forums, go hide a cache and learn from the feedback you recieve what to change to hide another one. You'll find its contagious, if you hide them they will come. When they come they will hide some.

Well.. being that I'm new to the sport of caching - I believe it is suggested you find around 50 or so before attempting to hide one of your own. I was just trying to get enough experience under my belt before going off and doing something stupid.

Yes - eventually I want to hide caches.

Should I do it now - I don't think I have the experience yet to do so.

Doing 50 with your 2 kids makes it kinda hard - and... then with 40% are eliminated due to location/terrain because of said kids... it'll take me a while :-)

I just see the area my brother lives in get new ones all the time.... only reason I was asking really.

Let the kids help you set up a cache. They'll be good for telling you the kinds of things THEY like to find. Hide it near a place THEY would like to visit. That makes maintenance a breeze. ("Hey, kids! Let's go to the playground and visit the cache!")

Your numbers are fine. Go for it. Have fun.

Just a few notes here - I don't get babysitters - what I do my kiddos can do, even if it slows me down. Its just the type of person I am :-) Nothing against anyone who uses a babysitter... but eh, I have fun with things with them...

Last note - we hid our first one. We did it together - so... the starting items inside aren't cool beanie great - but they are excited! Can't wait for the feedback.