Garmin Yellow E-trex

geocaching granny

Yes. The key is that on the menu page you have to select "Mark" not "Waypoints."

Go to the menu page. Select "Mark." Scroll down to the bottom of the screen until the coordinates are highlighted. Hit "Enter." Change the coordinates to the waypoint you want to enter. Select "OK." This should take you back to the Mark Waypoint page. Scroll until the number on the flag is highlighted. Hit "Enter." This is where you can change the name of the waypoint. Click "OK" when done.

The manual for the yellow eTrex is vague about this unless you read the margin notes. I learned by asking, like you did. Follow the above directions, and you will have your waypoint loaded in no time! This is how I do it and I've had my little yellow for a year and a half. Have fun!

Yes. The key is that on the menu page you have to select "Mark" not "Waypoints."

Go to the menu page. Select "Mark." Scroll down to the bottom of the screen until the coordinates are highlighted. Hit "Enter." Change the coordinates to the waypoint you want to enter. Select "OK." This should take you back to the Mark Waypoint page. Scroll until the number on the flag is highlighted. Hit "Enter." This is where you can change the name of the waypoint. Click "OK" when done.

Its a few seconds quicker to just hold the Mark button down, then when it changes screens asking verify the location, edit the coords then, then hit ok. (instead of saving them going back to the lists and find and editing it there)