Cache "adoption"?

Team Flashncache

There is a cache in a city park near my home, one that I finally got around to finding earlier today. The cache is in terrible shape. Logs from finders for over a year note that the container is full of water, logbook is soaked, etc. I dumped the standing water out of the container during my own visit. There have been several comments in logs to the effect of: "This cache needs some help." Other local cachers have generously dried it out, filled it up with swag again and helped keep it alive.

After finding it in disappointing shape earlier today, I emailed the owner to let them know that it was (still) in need of a maintenance run. The email came back as being undeliverable. Here is what I was able to find out about the owners: 1 Find and 1 Cache Hidden. Both of these events happened about two years ago, so I think it's safe to say that they've 'lost that lovin feeling' for Geocaching.

So, to make this long story a wee bit shorter, I would like to adopt this cache. Are there any guidelines or procedures for this? Perhaps one of the Mods can hook me up with an approver who handles the 47804 zip code?

Any help or advice would be appreciated, and thanks!

Well, so far so good...

I've been given the contact info for my local reviewer and have sent an email their way. The reviewer has placed a note on the cache page asking the cache owners to check in soon, otherwise the cache will be transferred to my care.

Good, prompt service from the great folks at GC.com! Can't say enough good things about them!

So I'll leave you with the immortal words of Homer Simpson -

"So now we play the waiting game. Aw, waiting game stinks; let's play hungry, hungry hippos instead!"

There is a cache in a city park near my home, one that I finally got around to finding earlier today. The cache is in terrible shape. Logs from finders for over a year note that the container is full of water, logbook is soaked, etc. I dumped the standing water out of the container during my own visit. There have been several comments in logs to the effect of: "This cache needs some help." Other local cachers have generously dried it out, filled it up with swag again and helped keep it alive.

After finding it in disappointing shape earlier today, I emailed the owner to let them know that it was (still) in need of a maintenance run. The email came back as being undeliverable. Here is what I was able to find out about the owners: 1 Find and 1 Cache Hidden. Both of these events happened about two years ago, so I think it's safe to say that they've 'lost that lovin feeling' for Geocaching.

So, to make this long story a wee bit shorter, I would like to adopt this cache. Are there any guidelines or procedures for this? Perhaps one of the Mods can hook me up with an approver who handles the 47804 zip code?

Any help or advice would be appreciated, and thanks!

well get the geocashing number and www.geocaching.com/adopt you probably already know that though